Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      MP2:
      $10,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, MP2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,05) Q:club: , 9:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,60, MP2 calls $0,60.

Turn: ($2,25) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00.

River: ($4,25) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3,03, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,28

I know I should have bet more on flop and turn probably cause the board is ugly connected and on the river I realised that I was giving him good odds to call with draws and got scared when the 10 showed up on the river and folded which I guess was a bad play.

I'm very angry about this hand.
  • 10 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Turn I would bet 2$ or even pot

River fold is ok in this situation I think.
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      As mentioned, you've given him fantastic odds to draw, and a river fold is a must as played. Bet pot (or possibly a little more) on the flop to make calling with draws here -EV for villain.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I'm really a noob in BSS, but why do we necessarily have to be beaten on the river? I think by checking river we really give him good chance to bluff us out of the pot, so I would go for a block bet here. Besides, more than a king I think he rather holds Tx in this spot and therefore something like 2pair.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by burek2000
      I'm really a noob in BSS, but why do we necessarily have to be beaten on the river? I think by checking river we really give him good chance to bluff us out of the pot, so I would go for a block bet here. Besides, more than a king I think he rather holds Tx in this spot and therefore something like 2pair.
      blockbet is a must.
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Limping with Tx burek from MP2? really? I'd prefer KT here, which is horrible. You could well be ahead here, but because you are OOP you won't know. Block bet could work I guess..... He's called the whole way down though so I'm inclined to believe he is ahead.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matt1234
      Limping with Tx burek from MP2? really? I'd prefer KT here, which is horrible. You could well be ahead here, but because you are OOP you won't know. Block bet could work I guess..... He's called the whole way down though so I'm inclined to believe he is ahead.
      I think T + A-9 could be in his range, I didn't think he could hold T3 though...:P

...and only K has us beat here, but I think there's a big variety of hands he might call flop and turn with, I think something like QT/JT/T9 could be easily his holding imo. But I'm not that experienced postflop, so I'm mostly posting just to compare my opinion to others, so I learn something new. :)
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      That's the beauty of SSS isn't it? Don't really have to care about the postflop. The only reason I can't see Tx being an option is I would assume that he would raise flop/turn for FE.

Having said that, not a lot else makes sense either. he won't be limping with any 8 apart from 88, which you don't call with on either street, and what kings are in his range? KT of course, KQ maybe, but thats all 4 Q's out. KJ, K9 I just don't believe he can flat call with.

Changed my mind here. It's either KT or a lower set, or a stone cold bluff
    • milosx
      milosx
      Bronze
      Why not check-raise the flop? Or if he checks back then a pot sized raise on the turn.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      First hand of mine that gets such a huge feedback, nice :) .

I didn't checkraise the flop cause I wanted him to stay in the pot and he would fold a really big deal to a checkraise I think. The other thing is that I rarely check/raise on the flop, it may look suspicious. I have to work on balancing my play on the flop though.

Apart from betting bigger turn (which I was aware of) I think that the blockbet is a best option in this spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet 1$ on the flop, 2$ on the turn and probably c/c river.
      As played: he would bet there two pair, so I think call is fine.