This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10-SH, AQo, reraise

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,90
      BU:
      $10,20

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, BU raises to $1,50, 3 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,95

How do you proceed in such a matter, the opponent was quite fishy and his 3-bet over those 60 hands was ~10. The reraise was quite big, so I figured I should only continue with premium hands here, but I'm not really sure whether AQ is premium in SH games. :rolleyes:

Should I next time call and evaluate flop or perhaps push against unkown fishy opponent? I think it's an easy fold against a TAG though.
  • 2 replies
    • Coreprime
      Coreprime
      Bronze
      calling is no option, when you call here you have
      -no position
      -no initiative
      -no information

he will barrel most flops after he 3 bets preflop and if you dont hit,
      you have A high oop in a pot that will be about 50 BB after your call and his contibet.

So fold or 4 bet. If you stick to your read and he 3 bets light, you can 4 bet.
      Against unknown or a TAG, I would fold it.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      usualy in this situation much this kind of hands out of position especialy in a full ring game .
      if he is 3beting realy light you can 4 bet it but then you have to get it in if he shoves
      gl