This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 AKo

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $8,80
      Hero:
      $4,30

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,35.
      3 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,95) 8:diamond: , Q:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,50, MP3 calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,95) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,95) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Final Pot: $7,45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows two pairs, queens and eights (8c Kc)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Kd As)

MP3 wins with two pairs, queens and eights (8c Kc)

Ok, so one player called my preflop raise, so as it says on the guides I raise on the flop having a trash hand, but he calls...

On the turn I hit nothing. If he bets I fold for sure, but he checks, so I check (should i have raised here?).

On the river he bets, and I think he is bluffing since there was another Q on the board and if he had a Q I would've expected a raise on the turn, the raise is also very small so I consider worth calling it and see if he was bluffing with a trash hand like mine (but mine had higher cards..). SHould I've folded there?? or even went all in??
  • 7 replies
    • milosx
      milosx
      Bronze
      Perhaps a bigger raise on the flop... about 2/3 to 3/4 of pot. But I don't think he'd fold, looking at his numbers. I would probably play it the same way as you except I'd lose more money.

Think I'd play it this way:

FLOP 3/4 pot
      TURN 1/2 pot (flush draw + 3 extra outs*)
      RIVER call if it's 4-1 or better pot odds

I'd probably lose all my money here but hey... I don't expect him to call a raise with K8s ;)

*3 extra outs -> I expect him to have AQ or KQ here so aces or kings are no good for me.
      If he has a K then only 2 aces are outs since I already counted the A:diamond: in my flush draw.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Bet 2$ on the flop.

On the turn you hit a FD, so you have to play it as made hand and push. In case you didn't hit your draw on the turn it would have been c/f.

As played, fold to river bet unless you want to see his holding for info and to make a note.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      21 hands is not enough to deviate from the standard play imo. Since you have 2 OC and ~pot sized bet I would shove flop.

as played shove turn with your flush draw.

as played you get insane odds to call river , I would do it but I don't know if it's +EV
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I would also push flop. 2/3 pot = more than half your remaining stack, thus push.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yeah, I agree with Alejandrosh and dandycal, yesterday I didn't put much consideration to hero's stacksize, so yeah, with slightly more than putsize on the flop it's a push. I thought the stack on flop was bigger.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      Push flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Volrath89,

Your continuation bet should be (2/3)(66%) of the Pot at all times. Now in this situation it is more than 50% of your stack and as described in the articles go all-in instead on the Flop as suggested by other players

Best regards,
      Gerv