Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $8,80
      Hero:
      $4,30

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:spade: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,35.
      3 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,95) 8:diamond: , Q:club: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1,50, MP3 calls $1,50.

Turn: ($5,95) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,95) Q:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0,75, Hero calls $0,75.

Final Pot: $7,45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows two pairs, queens and eights (8c Kc)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Kd As)

MP3 wins with two pairs, queens and eights (8c Kc)

Ok, so one player called my preflop raise, so as it says on the guides I raise on the flop having a trash hand, but he calls...

On the turn I hit nothing. If he bets I fold for sure, but he checks, so I check (should i have raised here?).

On the river he bets, and I think he is bluffing since there was another Q on the board and if he had a Q I would've expected a raise on the turn, the raise is also very small so I consider worth calling it and see if he was bluffing with a trash hand like mine (but mine had higher cards..). SHould I've folded there?? or even went all in??
  • 7 replies
    • milosx
      milosx
      Bronze
      Perhaps a bigger raise on the flop... about 2/3 to 3/4 of pot. But I don't think he'd fold, looking at his numbers. I would probably play it the same way as you except I'd lose more money.

Think I'd play it this way:

FLOP 3/4 pot
      TURN 1/2 pot (flush draw + 3 extra outs*)
      RIVER call if it's 4-1 or better pot odds

I'd probably lose all my money here but hey... I don't expect him to call a raise with K8s ;)

*3 extra outs -> I expect him to have AQ or KQ here so aces or kings are no good for me.
      If he has a K then only 2 aces are outs since I already counted the A:diamond: in my flush draw.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Bet 2$ on the flop.

On the turn you hit a FD, so you have to play it as made hand and push. In case you didn't hit your draw on the turn it would have been c/f.

As played, fold to river bet unless you want to see his holding for info and to make a note.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      21 hands is not enough to deviate from the standard play imo. Since you have 2 OC and ~pot sized bet I would shove flop.

as played shove turn with your flush draw.

as played you get insane odds to call river , I would do it but I don't know if it's +EV
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I would also push flop. 2/3 pot = more than half your remaining stack, thus push.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yeah, I agree with Alejandrosh and dandycal, yesterday I didn't put much consideration to hero's stacksize, so yeah, with slightly more than putsize on the flop it's a push. I thought the stack on flop was bigger.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      Push flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Volrath89,

Your continuation bet should be (2/3)(66%) of the Pot at all times. Now in this situation it is more than 50% of your stack and as described in the articles go all-in instead on the Flop as suggested by other players

Best regards,
      Gerv