New Updated Poker Bllooooog :D

• sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      My name is Eamonn! I am 21 years old and have been playing poker on/off since i was about 15.

I remember watching poker on channel 5 during what I think was the party poker world open and never really having any idea as to what was happening. But nevertheless, was intrigued by the use of chips, the betting rounds and generally the game of texas hold em', which I had never seen before. Was only really aware of games such as Gin Rummy, 5card/7card stud, Southern Cross etc..

So anyway, when I was at a Sports Store one day buying new trainers (or rather, my dad was buying me them) I Noticed in the clearance baskets little sets of poker chips, they were only plastic chips and as far as i can recall it was £2 for 100 chips or something. They were purchased and then after that me and 4/5 friends began to play little tournaments in our garages, under the bridges if we couldnt get a house to play in!

We started off playin £1 per person and would play 2/3 tournaments per nght, at the time if you were winnings £10/12 per night you were over the moon.

Then it progressed to £5 - £10 etc.. per person and from there I began to take my 'skills' to the next level and play in local hold em' tournaments when I was around 17, which I've been doing since and have made some great friends within the local poker community.

There I've been ever since, I'm currently studying for a History Degree @ University and poker is one of my most passionate hobbies! However, I don't play that much online and would desricbe myself as nothing more than an enthusiastic recreational player.

But I still think it could be fun to keep this blog running anyways, and if nothing else it may contain some easy reading and quirky anecdotes from the lighter side of poker

Sabo :club:
  • 2 replies
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      UPDATE!!

Topic: LIVE AMATEUR POKER DIARY :)
      I've kind of given up playing anything major online! I do take part in the odd league or series which pops up but not putting in any kind of volume anymore..

However, I am playin 3-4 Live Tourneys per week so i thought i'd keep this blog running and post any hands which I come across and find kind of interesting (there's usually 1 or 2 which on any given night)

Ok, I guess I should first off tell you that the tourneys I play are just local one's with the weekly buy in = £10, Mon-Thurs-Fri. The Average turnout is between 15-30 e.g. Last Friday there was 29 players, but on Monday there was only 12..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday is by far the toughest night, with a lot of regulars who can pick off bluffs, lay down big hands when they know they are beat and also in contrast get max value when they know they are ahead.
      Starking stacks are 25'000
      Blinds start at 100/200 with a 15 minute clock
      Blinds Freeze at 5'000/10'000

Thursday night has a mix of good players; one of whom recently took down a $24 MTT for $2.5K (fyi, i beat him HU tonight) and complete donks who are just starting out at poker e.g. A lady last week, who had never played live and kept asking "WHY!!" When i was telling her she had to put in the blinds, then said "Oh No, I Don't know if i want to now...i thought i would get to see the middle" - After raising a short stack all-in preflop without realising. But nevertheless it's good fun and you are guaranteed around £100 for first place each week!
      Its almost a Turbo though;
      Starking stacks are 7'5000
      Blinds start at 50/100 with a 15 minute clock

Friday nights have all the monday regs, plus a few other good regulars and then some casual players who have a drink while they're playing and play for fun! They don't mind getting knocked out and will happily donate their stacks with marginal holdings.
      Same Structure as monday

So anyways; I'll start off with a hand that i recall from Monday and I'm starting to think I made a mistake!

Play is 4 handed - Payout is 1st and 2nd with Money Back for 3rd !
      Blinds; 4000/8000

HERO (BB): 40'000
      UTG : 38'000
      Other 2 players had like, 90K and 110K

HERO (BB) - K :club: 8 :diamond:
      UTG Shoves All in
      Fold, Fold,

BB - Decision ??????

Sabo :club:
      I'll keep this updated with some hands/stories that i find interesting after each tourney or the subsequent cash games

:f_cool: