[NL2-NL10] NL10: AKo Against 2 raisers

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      The 20 hands from the UTG guy came from the current table. Should I have pushed because he has a VP$IP of 50 or was the fold okay because of the reraise of the UTG+2 raiser? (And yeah, I know that 20 hands is a too small sample, but a VP$IP of 50 tells something even at 20 hands, doesn't it?)

The point is, there first was just a minraise from a (at first sight) veeeery loose player, even in early position he could have anything. So the reraise of the UTG+2 guy probably isn't as strong as it seems... Or Is it?

lg, stefu

Known players:
      Position
      UTG
      UTG2
      CO

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.20, UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.50, 3 folds, CO calls $0.50, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 7:club: , 8:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, CO bets $0.64, UTG2 folds.

Final Pot: $1.99
  • 5 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      minraises are not real raises ( well they are, but not to us) so it's correct to push AKo here.

20 hands are not a good sample, but you can see a tendency in UTG to be a donk ... a minraise UTG is also an indication ;) you have dead money and a great hand here ( CO and UTG are dead money lot's of times )
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think both push and fold are alright in this situation. There is UTG minraiser and a UTG reraiser and you can easily give them some respect, but on the other hand, there's also some dead money from CO and you have a decent hand...

I personally would push against unkown, but fold isn't a mistake as well.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      An easy push for me.
    • InsidiouZ
      InsidiouZ
      Bronze
      100% push.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Stefu,

minraisers preflop are considered limpers unless proven otherwise (minraises with Aces eg.) therefore you face a limp and a raise so you must push AKo here

on Nl10 stick to basic SSS and ignore stats ;)
      Best regards,

Gerv