[NL2-NL10] NL10: AKo - trips on dry board

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      How much to bet after flop? The board is really dry and there is no flush draw on the way or something like this.

I did a smaller bet than usual, but wasn't sure whether to bet at all. I will be in the lead after the turn too (just AA can beat me on the turn as far as I see and even that is very improbable...).

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) K:club: , 2:diamond: , K:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $1.85
  • 4 replies
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      nh and bet size is fine too. i never check behind here, just bet bet bet. even if the chances are like zero, your hand is still vulnerable - any pocket pair which hits, has you beat.
      don't adjust the bet sizes to your hand strength unless you have to protect against draws. just c-bet as you would do with any other hand, otherwise you'll get pretty much exploitable for any thinking player.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Oh, didn't see that fullhouses are possible... Ok, thanks for advice, will try to do that next time...
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nh. C-bet as usual otherwise your check behind will be more suspicious than a c-bet. ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Stefu

Originally posted by burek2000
      Nh. C-bet as usual otherwise your check behind will be more suspicious than a c-bet. ;)
      Only thing you can do is bet 1/2 pot but that's it, well played :)

Best regards,
      Gerv