Are the titan/mansion dirty dozen +ev

• bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I have been playing these jackpot sit a go 12 people (two six person tables) $2.00+20.

1st gets $12
      2nd gets $6
      3rd gets $3.60
      4th gets $2.40

here is the catch win 4 in a row and get $2000

is this a good deal?

say I am a 15% roi
  • 24 replies
    • sipolusitenis
      sipolusitenis
      Bronze
      I think that is unreal to win... many fishes !
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sipolusitenis
      I think that is unreal to win... many fishes !
      and that is the problem too. Too many people calling and raising with rubbish and catching breaks. Have played in a few of the $2 ones, won a couple, 2nd a few times, 3rd a few times, 4th a few times, 5th about 1,000,000 times!!!! Damm bubble.

The $5 Maui jackpot isn't too bad, last time i looked the jackpot for winning 5 consecutive was like $65,000. I like that they give a $200 jackpot if you come first or 2nd 5 times in a row. thats nice of them!!!
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bkbart
      I have been playing these jackpot sit a go 12 people (two six person tables) $2.00+20.

1st gets $12
      2nd gets $6
      3rd gets $3.60
      4th gets $2.40

here is the catch win 4 in a row and get $2000

is this a good deal?

say I am a 15% roi
      With 20$ rake on each - definately NO! :D

If serious - dont look at jackpot too much. Winning one is hard and might never happen. Chasing just jackpot aint good idea, but if you like game type and can beat it and win money just by playing i dont see why it wouldnt be +ev.

Does it have higher rake than regular SNGs without jackpot?
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      lol at grimzor
      rake is 40 cents ..... sorry. that is the same as regular rake. I guess adding it up it is $24 in buy ins and that is what they pay out so I guess it cant hurt!!!
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Might try it out... after exams :)

Winning 4... can't be too hard? + you make profit on playing these things anyway.
    • phiRO
      phiRO
      Bronze
      @bkbart/grimzor

pretty sure rake is double that of the non-jackpot sngs.

i started playing those until i realized that the rake was double.
      on holidays :D so i cant check atm.
      but for me they havent been +ev (i had my eyes on that jackpot)
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I started playing these when I first got to titan, they seemd like a decent idea, but after playing a few and learning a little more I saw that these were a true battle of the donkeys. The jackpot attracts some of the worst bingo players out there making them very hard to win consistently on. i stopped and went with the Zagreb 10 player SnG's instead and did much better.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      ? that does not make sense

worse players --> more profit :D

I think the low level of play combined with the 2K jackpot (gambol gambol :heart:) make these sng's pretty profitabel.

I'm going to experiment and play 100 of 'm (yes, low samplesize) without focusing on the jackpot.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      ? that does not make sense

worse players --> more profit :D

I think the low level of play combined with the 2K jackpot (gambol gambol :heart:) make these sng's pretty profitabel.

I'm going to experiment and play 100 of 'm (yes, low samplesize) without focusing on the jackpot.
      I agree 100% if you are only talking cash tables, but with SO many bingo players at the table I find it much harder to A) get any form of read of what they might hold and B) Get anyone to lay down a hand, thus suckouts rise substantially. I am not saying in the long run it is not possible to make money on them perhaps I just didn't have to patience to hope my A's went cracked by 36o again or that my K's wouldn't lose because " look I have an ace".
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      Ya I love all the donks and the players playing wrong because they want first so bad. Had a very nice day yesterday with these. Another nice thing is that they fill really fast even during the low traffic hours that I mostly play during.

As far as I can see the rake is exactly the same for Zagreb as it is for the Dirty Dozen.

The only way to get less rake is to be able to sign up for the locked ones
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      @ jonathan:

You have to adapt to loose players by playing a bit tighter. Avoid tricky postflop situations and let them kill eachoter :)

I'm afraid the real hard part here is the headsup. You'll be playing against a bigger stack most of the time, because the other guy gambled and won earlier.

On the plus side: you will have more FE once you're in the money. This means you can steal more agressive.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Yea so I've been thinking... perhaps winning the jackpot is not THAT easy :tongue: .

Let's say you win 1 out of each 5 sng's (I have no idea how many you"ll win... 1/5 sounds about right), the odds for winning 4 consecutive are prette bad: 1/625

Even if you win 1/4 it's get's a little prettier... but not much: 1/256 chance of winning four consecutive.

I'm going to see what kind of winrates are possible...
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      winning the jackpot ones every 625 SNG's isn't so bad, if you put in some volume, that's every other month or so, but according to me, winning a 12 player SNG 1/5 times would be very strong, so probably your odds are a whole lot smaller.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      yea might be a bit optimistic :P
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I've played four today... just for shits and giggles

and guess what!

they suck :tongue: total crapshoots. The biggest problem imo is the 1000 chips startstack (instead of 1500).
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I've played four today... just for shits and giggles

and guess what!

they suck :tongue: total crapshoots. The biggest problem imo is the 1000 chips startstack (instead of 1500).
      See thats exactly what i was saying. Starting with 1000 chips is not suited to my game and B it really is a donkey show. They are just there because the jackpot aspect makes them the fastest filling tables at Titan.
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      unfortunately winning only 1/5 of the low buyin sngs at titan is actually losing / breaking even. Zagreb sng: $2+$0.40, 10 handed, 1st = $10. Dirty Dozen: $2+$0.40, 2x 6 handed, 1st = $12
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      winning 1/5 is great provided you also place 2nd and 3rd often enough :p
    • vinnie8887
      vinnie8887
      Bronze
      yeah i guess thats true too lol