fapaja reloaded

• fapaja
      fapaja
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I was active in the swedish community some years ago, playing FLHE.
      Learnt poker through PokerStrategy and managed to convert the free 50 bucks into a few thousand before I decided to focus on other areas in life.

I'm planning to learn NLHE this time.

Let's see how that goes...
  • 9 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi fapaja,

Welcome to the English forums :welcome:

Have you considered about starting a Blog and maybe joining our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge?

You could also add yourself to our Member map.
      You never know, the nearest PokerStrategist may live right next door. :f_p:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
      :gl:

la55i
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Welcome indeed!

We are still one or two dinosaurs around here playing FL, but NL is obviously (sadly) the only way to go now.
    • fapaja
      fapaja
      Bronze
      Thanks La55i,

A blog will come up but I think I'll wait with the challenges until I'm confident with my game.

And YohanN7 - I remember you from back in the days! Good to see some old fellows :s_drink:
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by fapaja
      A blog will come up but I think I'll wait with the challenges until I'm confident with my game.
      That is exactly what I was thinking before joining the challenge. Then someone somehow managed to turn my head. Now I hope I can do that with you :f_biggrin:

If you join this challenge, you will not lose anything. It will not affect your game at all. You just update once a week how you are doing. If you are not doing so great, it doesn't matter. Everyone has their bad moments. In fact I busted the first time and had to start all over again and it didn't matter. Now I have been playing 28 weeks and I have got around 30% of my goal bankroll.

It is just a great way to keep track of your progress. When you face a huge downswing, it is nice to go 20 weeks back and see how much you have still won :f_thumbsup:
    • fapaja
      fapaja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      That is exactly what I was thinking before joining the challenge. Then someone somehow managed to turn my head. Now I hope I can do that with you :f_biggrin:

Hehe, we'll se...

But first things first - I'm still waiting for the money to arrive and there's a lot of reading to do as I'm swithching to a new game.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i

Hehe, we'll se...

But first things first - I'm still waiting for the money to arrive and there's a lot of reading to do as I'm swithching to a new game.
      Oh, you can play pretty much as in FL. Any pair is too good to ever fold, and A high should never fold heads-up. The tight-asses will try to teach you otherwise, but just don't believe them :D
    • la55i
      la55i
      Just click the raise button every round and you should be fine :f_thumbsup:

Joking aside. If you need any help finding good study material, just ask. When you start playing, you can post some difficult hands here and Yohan will be giving you excellent advice :)

:gl:
    • marie13
      marie13
      Bronze
      Hi fapaja,:f_thumbsup:
    • Post removed