[NL2-NL10] NL100, KJo, BU, bigger stack

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , J:spade:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $3,00, SB folds, BB calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,50) 5:heart: , 6:heart: , K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3,00, Hero raises to $10,00, BB calls $7,00.

Turn: ($26,50) A:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $34,95 (All-In), Hero calls $22,95 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($72,40) J:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $72,40

That A on the turn really gave me hardtime in this hand, but when I see only overcard coming on the turn I usually presume the situation on flop didn't change much, so I went broke. After his play on the flop A high just didn't seem too probable. Also, his WTS is very high and I think going broke against that fish is alright.
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      It's never too easy to know what to do in these sort of spots until you get some idea of villain's donking range. If you decide to raise then you have to go with the hand mostly which is why I'd prefer a slightly larger raise on the flop just to cut down the odds for all the times that villain is donk-blocking with some sort of draw rather than overprotecting some sort of strong made-hand.
    • Gerv
      With a doubled stack, I rather want to save money and just call the Flop and see if a comes or any connectivity of cards but that's me :)

If you decide to raise, raise him big to $12 imo, obviously call if he 3bets
    • burek2000
      Good, so larger bet on the flop it is next time. I like to be aggressive at playing, but sometimes I have to post few hands to see where should I limit myself. :)

...I still remember the days when xylere was judging here and his play style was really aggressive and I kinda liked it. We have to punish fish for being fish afterall. :D