LOST HM2 DATABASE

• brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Hi

I am really hoping someone can help me with this. I was using HM2 normally and it kept freezing each time I attempted to open the application. I went into Task Manager, from there I think I accidently deleted my database.

When I restarted HM2, I had to create a new database. At the time, I wasn't really sure what was going on so I did create the database. Now I lost all my hands and have to start fresh again.

Is there anyway I can recover old database or old hands?

Any help would be much appreciated
  • 5 replies
    • AgapieGheorghe
      AgapieGheorghe
      Bronze
      If you play on Pokerstars you can ask them to send you all your hands played there.
    • Sailer85
      Sailer85
      Bronze
      Did you delete the database or the link to the database?

> If you deleted the link then you can just reinstate the link in HM
      > If you deleted the database (map on your computer) then you can check your trashcan to see if it is still in there. If not you probably can find a deleted file retriever on the internet, just search for it. I havent used one in ages....last time I used one I was still using DOS :truestory:
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      All your original hands should be under c:\hm2archive from where you can import them again.

If you created the new database with the same name as the old one you may run into problems because of the existing database parent folder with partly informations of the old hands. So you should create a new database with a different name.

To check if your old database still exists you should try pgadmin and check which databases are available there. See this for using pgadmin: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/952/How+does+Backup+or+Restore+via+PostgreSQL+work%3F+%28Advanced+Method%29
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      From the description in OP, it is nearly impossible (certainly meant to be impossible) to delete databases from the Task Manager. They are files on your disk managed by PostgreSQL, and it wouldn't like to have its files deleted that easily. Get a friend with a drivers license for software to help you if netsrak's advice doesn't solve the problem.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      All your original hands should be under c:\hm2archive from where you can import them again.

If you created the new database with the same name as the old one you may run into problems because of the existing database parent folder with partly informations of the old hands. So you should create a new database with a different name.

To check if your old database still exists you should try pgadmin and check which databases are available there. See this for using pgadmin: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/952/How+does+Backup+or+Restore+via+PostgreSQL+work%3F+%28Advanced+Method%29

I got some of my hands back from c:/hm2archive, however hardly any came from the site I want iPoker which is strange.

I received no cash game hands and 3 tournament hands