HELP/advice needed ! Fellow pokerstrategist in desperation … :/

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hello everyone !

As the “LIFE happened”, I’ve got myself into situation that requires CHANGES. I have lost my beloved partner (She left me), whom I thought I will be spending the rest of my life with, I have no job and actually I have no MYSELF for that matter (the main reason She did leave me). I have had a BIG SHOCK for weeks after this, and now … I realized that NOW I need to build myself up from the floor again. I need to grow, I need to find myself, I need to escape this suffocating environment where I am now, and I need quite RADICAL CHANGES in my life now. And finally at this point in my life, I have NOTHING to lose, so … We Live NOW, and “NOW is all we ever have”. Having said that, my desire is to go away from where I’m living now, and start giving poker a “serious try”. What concerns “starting poker”, I have a pretty good idea WHAT and HOW I should do things, but the most scary thing for me to decide now, is … WHERE TO GO ? So …
      MAYBE anyone knows any “piece of information”, any “advice”, or just something WHERE to “start from”, what to look for before deciding this kind of thing ?

Basically, this is what I REALLY NEED in that PLACE to be (3 non-negotiable things):
      • There should be sunny and warm climate
      • There should be water (The Sea would be the most amazing thing)
      • There should be possible to find an “8-hour job” (doesn’t have to be “qualified”, any labor work is good I guess). The most important things are that it wouldn't consume ALL of my time [hence, at least few hours a day left for poker, in the beginning), but this “safety-net” is a MUST, as well as FIXED INCOME, so that I have money to buy food and pay rent.

So maybe You could understand my confusion and FEAR, because concerning these points there are SO MANY places in the world, and I just don’t know where to start so that I can pick something … So … Any ideas ?? I thought maybe a good starting point for this kind of “research” and decision would be to look which places/countries/cities, that have these 3 aforementioned bullet points of course, have AS WELL NO TAXES for poker, or at least they are pretty low as well as online poker is LEGAL there of of course. But even this information I don’t know HOW and WHERE to get …….. Or maybe is there some other good “starting point” ?

OK. I'm kinda really desperate here to DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING, so ANY ideas, advices, comments, contacts, guidelines, ANYTHING would be REALLY APPRECIATED ….

P.S. I have few savings (around 3.000€) for traveling expenses and the whole “beginning” thing, till I start making some fixed income from “8hour job”. Hope that should be enough somehow. And I'm from EU, btw, if that matters (easier to travel?).
  • 11 replies
    • Post removed

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hello ? Anyone ? .. :( ANYthing ? .....
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      It is difficult to advise where to go to be honest. Despite being from Europe, going to another country to do some job, even labour for that matter, most likely will require knowing the local language. Because there is unlikely an employer who is looking for someone to do a specific job without knowing how to communicate with others (not everyone knows English in Europe, and the ones who do usually know do not work some labour jobs, unless it is an English speaking country, duh).

So you have 3k euros, which is not a lot and not too small to start with. Do you typically play cash games or tournaments? The only country that really comes into mind for me is Thailand, which is very popular destination amongst poker players. The reason being is that it is very cheap, and if you can manage to make like $1k a month or so, you can live like a king. Other place you could is Bulgaria, which is nice and sunny, has a sea and also is extremely cheap. 3k euros would accommodate you there for a while.

I think for you the best thing is look for a country where the living minimum is very low, this usually means that you can make a little money playing poker and be able to pay the bills.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/all-cities

Thank me later.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Bronze
      https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/varna

You could consider going there.
    • M1rCea
      M1rCea
      Bronze
      I recently moved to malta, everyone speaks english here, and I think u can find a job. A lot of gambling companies have offices here.
      You have to step up by yourself, don't expect ppl to tell u what to do and help.
      Now it's reality shattering, but it's just a girl, man up and don't be a bitch.

gl
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      "M1rCea" - the thought of Malta did cross my mind actually earlier, but now I will consider it more deeply, so thank You ! :f_thumbsup:

"Rihard4a" - muchas muchas gracias, Man !! Don't even know where to begin my gratefulness, so I'll just start step by step checking on everything You mentioned, and get back here for any progress/more insights ! :f_love:

Anyone else have any more suggestions/ideas ?? :f_love:
    • mortal1ty
      mortal1ty
      Bronze
      are u native english speaker ?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You may be able to get some ideas from http://www.pokerrefugees.com/.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      "Lazza61" - Thank You !

"mortal1ty" - no, I am not [unfortunately? :f_confused: ] why ? :f_cool:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Maybe it’s also good to know what native language you speak.
      Then there are most likely more countries you can go to.