Stack
      Hero:
      $20,00
      MP3:
      $42,45
      BU:
      $62,60

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $4,00, CO folds, BU calls $4,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($13,50) 4:heart: , 5:spade: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $6,00, 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13,50

Would it be ok to go broke on this flop against 2 opponents with 2 OCs and a GS(10 outs)?
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

Would it be ok to go broke on this flop against 2 opponents with 2 OCs and a GS(10 outs)?
      The BU would not need to be bluffing too often to make it OK for you to CRAI in this spot. I doubt if bet/calling on this board is much good though.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Against such opponents I play Bet/Call with GS+2OCs for sure, now you are only giving money to BTN imo
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I dont like bet/call here, i would simply push the flop. its not balanced but against such opps you dont have to balance and it will be plus ev.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It's OK pushing providing villains have wide enough ranges especially if you are likely to get looked up by Ax hands. Otherwise you can often CRAI, occaisionally c/f and sometimes get a free card with the assurance that you likley have the best hand and play accordingly. Leading the flop allows villains to play mistake free poker.

Roughly speaking, giving villains hand-ranges of 10 and 20% and crediting them of being reasonable players post-flop then shoving on flop is about break-even including the times that we take down the pot.

This is a lousy flop for AK and even a CRAI versus slightly bluffy (50%of trash) BU is only a marginal winner versus our "10/20 opponents".

Conclusion:

Versus these two villain's i guess it's pretty close how to play. Folding certainly isn't terrible unless villain(s) are awful in some way.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i would go broke on the flop. Push flop, your remaining stack is almost the same as the pot and you have some outs for sure....