[NL2-NL10] NL10, Freeplay, monster draw?

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,31
      Hero:
      $2,00
      UTG2:
      $1,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 7:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, 5 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,30) 9:club: , 6:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,28, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,58

OESD + Pair is said to be a monster draw, though here I couldn't really give myself the outs for the 7 (two pair, since if a seven comes out any T completes the straight). So that I'd be left with 8(OESD) + 2 (9)= 10 outs, which I think are not enough to push.

Still, heads up, should I have pushed?
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You have TP + OESD and this gives you 2 outs for trips, 3 outs for 2-pair and 8 outs for OESD. That's 13 outs all together and is monsterdraw and you should push.

You have to discount outs against FD/Tx, but against any FD/Tx you are already ahead, because you have top pair.

So, only way this wouldn't be a good situation for you it would be against a made straight, but that's very unlikely on such a flop.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      It`s a push especially versus SB.
    • InsidiouZ
      InsidiouZ
      Bronze
      Play as a monster draw, ure prolly in the lead and when u dont, uve got enough outs to improve.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello dandycall,

Either shove post-flop or call and evaluate the Turn, both are okay but generally a SB completing is weak and his bet is probing on the Flop thus I like to call to induce a bluff thus getting more value from him on the Turn.

On the contrary you are just calling with a draw but I don't see Villain calling a shove postflop with a worser hand than yours so that is why I like the call + evaluate.

Best regards,
      Gerv