This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10, Freeplay, monster draw?

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,31
      Hero:
      $2,00
      UTG2:
      $1,85

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 7:spade:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0,10, 5 folds, SB calls $0,05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,30) 9:club: , 6:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,28, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0,58

OESD + Pair is said to be a monster draw, though here I couldn't really give myself the outs for the 7 (two pair, since if a seven comes out any T completes the straight). So that I'd be left with 8(OESD) + 2 (9)= 10 outs, which I think are not enough to push.

Still, heads up, should I have pushed?
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      You have TP + OESD and this gives you 2 outs for trips, 3 outs for 2-pair and 8 outs for OESD. That's 13 outs all together and is monsterdraw and you should push.

You have to discount outs against FD/Tx, but against any FD/Tx you are already ahead, because you have top pair.

So, only way this wouldn't be a good situation for you it would be against a made straight, but that's very unlikely on such a flop.
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      It`s a push especially versus SB.
    • InsidiouZ
      InsidiouZ
      Bronze
      Play as a monster draw, ure prolly in the lead and when u dont, uve got enough outs to improve.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello dandycall,

Either shove post-flop or call and evaluate the Turn, both are okay but generally a SB completing is weak and his bet is probing on the Flop thus I like to call to induce a bluff thus getting more value from him on the Turn.

On the contrary you are just calling with a draw but I don't see Villain calling a shove postflop with a worser hand than yours so that is why I like the call + evaluate.

Best regards,
      Gerv