Bankroll management for zoom (climbing the micros)?

• spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Hello i wanted to ask if someone can give me any advise about BM on zoom tables. I started playing 6max at the lowest stakes. 5 times i played i win about 6$ every 500 hands. I am confident in my game except the times i tilt. For example i deposited before two weeks 10$ on pokerstars and i made 200$ in 2 hours with shot taking on after the other. But after 2 days i lost them. Now i want to climb the stakes slowly. Do you have any suggestions? Do i need more BI for higher stakes? And when should i drop down limits? Thank you in advance.
  • 8 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi spidersense,

How big a bankroll you need depends on your skill level and which limits you play. If you are starting from NL2 and going up, I think 30 buy-ins should be ok but the bigger your bankroll is, the better. For example you could take shots and move up when you have 30 buy-ins and then go back to lower level when you drop down to 25 buy-ins. And remember to follow this strictly. I didn't once. I did feel like I had just some bad luck and I just kept on playing on a too high level and it cost me a lot.

You can read more about bankroll management from here.

If you are a beginner and/or experiencing tilting issues I recommend you switch to regular tables instead of zoom.

Regards,

la55i
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer la55i.
      Actually i'll tilt more at the regular tables, they are slower than turtles. When i play 2 tables zoom for example i'm bored or even 3 (i hate to wait but this happens mostly at zoom). When i play 4 tables there is enough action and i play a lot better. I have a strange type of tilt and it's not because of bad beats. It's that when i win a good amount of money(in terms of my usual bankroll) i tilt it away or at least a big part of it. Maybe if i build a bankroll slowly i will appreciate it more. 5 buy ins for shots sounds good.
    • la55i
      la55i
      That sounds interesting :) There is many types of tilt and being affected by big wins is also quite common one.
      If you like reading books, I would recommend The Mental Game of Poker 1&2. Those have helped me with my tilting problems.

:gl:
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      I already read 1 great book i should reread it. Is no2 worth it? I think i'm gonna give it a try thanx.
    • DamoSk
      DamoSk
      Bronze
      Patience and boredom are important factors in poker that need to be managed by each of us. Some describe this as behavioural control, of self control. Some would say that if you are impatient and get bored easily or quickly, then poker may not be for you and you should look to find something more active.
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      I agree with you this is not my problem as i'm patient enough in tournaments and sit n gos. Cash games are just not my game because i find them boring. Zoom on the other hand is meant to be fast so i like it fast. Good opportunities to put your money in arise faster and even faster with more tables. But yeah i found that i play better with 3 or 2 tables than 4 because with 4 tables i lose the ''timing feel''.
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      If you just want to make fun, then even 5 BI is enought. But if u want to earn money, you have to study a lot before you will win. Otherwise its no difference 30BI or 2BI, you will lose them faster or slower. Try to find some ranges in google or even better - buy coachings, this will open your eyes, and myabe after some month you will start to win money ;)
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Thanks i guess you're right i must put more effort.