Lag...

• 8 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi there.
      Thorsten made a series of videos playing kinda LAGish. AK has another video playing LAG.
      However, I dont think that playing LAG should be in the articles.My reasoning:
      1.It doesnt work that well on the lower limits, simply because you have to do it against thinking opponents.You cant play LAG profitably against a loose-passive player field(the majority in small stakes).
      2. It is an advanced strategy, and requires a very big knowedge in the postflop stage.Your main targets are weak-tight and TAG multitabling regulars.
      3.You should implement this strategy(or at least give it a try), once you have learned a very big portion of the TAG style. After that, you are supposed to develop a LAG or sLAG strategy against TAGs(knowing their weaknesses), all by yourself. In fact, a good opponent plays more than one type of strategy, as he is adapting to every player on his table. In general, you play LAG against the tight guys and TAG against the fishy players. But like I said, thats something You have to adjust by yourself and is a pretty advanced technique.
      For startes, you can try to do things like loosening from LP(having a very LAGy range on BU), making light 3bets against reasonable TAG ranges, stealing a lot in a tight table and so on. Table selection plays even more for a LAG player, than for a TAG player. In the ideal case, you want the fish on your left and the regulars on your right.Any other lagtard(maniac) is unwanted, you want to have only one sheriff on the table.
      Furthermore, you can check Ryan Fee's 6max guide(its free, here), I find it pretty sLagy most of the times.Keep in mind that it is designed for NL100+ games.
      I hope I was of any help.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      darkonebg for mod!

also, there's a very good gold+ video by atuerke on LAG play at NL100: switching gears
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      dont be mislead by my status :)

i am playing at pokerstars and my account is not tracked. I agree the LAG is not for low stakes - you said it right.

hope there will be a possibility to track the accounts in the future.

To bad I cannot watch those videos though to my status i just dont like titan or party anymore.

Thanks for the answers guys and good luck to all the fish WE GOT SKILL!! :D
    • bustya
      bustya
      Basic
      Ya, we sure need more LAG out there. Too many TSOBs.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      playing lag isn't all that easy ;)
    • Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      In the ideal case, you want the fish on your left and the regulars on your right.
      I think u mean other way around no ? :)

Good summary btw
    • alland
      alland
      Global
      @Agiz19
      no as a lag you are trying to exploit the tags/regs and that is best done IP
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      darkonebg for mod!
      oO.
      Originally posted by Purity
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      In the ideal case, you want the fish on your left and the regulars on your right.
      I think u mean other way around no ? :)

Good summary btw
      as much as it is the other way around for a Tag player, my guess is that when you are targeting a tight table with a LAG approach you would want to be IP of your marks.And since stealing their blinds is not your main goal, being in the blinds when they are attacking them is good for the resteal situation. On top of that, you'll be in position every other time that you are not inthe blinds.