Please recommend a soft platform for mid-stake SNG's

• aurs
      aurs
      Black
      I'm currently playing 10$ and 20$ (more and more 20$ trying to move up) 9 seaters non-turbo SNG's at Full Tilt 6 tabling.

I've been more than happy about the level of play until December, but since there seems to be less traffic, more multitablers and tighter game.

I'm not complaining about variance or anything, just the bubble takes much longer now, it's harder to get paid with good hands, etc. General level has improved by far, that's for sure.

Can anyone recommend any softer patform? Where is it most profitable to play 20$ STT's? I can deal with worse software if my ROI moves up. I hear that Stars level is also pretty high, and that Titan is very weak with horrible software. Is that true, or just a rumour to attract more players? Any other platforms?

I'm open to any kind of advice and discussion!
  • 12 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I'm also playing $11 - $22's on full tilt and I agree it's the toughest poker room... In my opinion stars has worse play and less grinders...

Ipoker has bunch of bad sng players also..
    • aurs
      aurs
      Black
      have you tried Stars or Ipoker yourself?

Also, I quite like Full Tilt structure, blinds moving up gradually without big jumps unlike Stars, and allowing tons of play.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      yeah I've played on stars... Not really grinded the $11 or $22 but I've played some there and have a $700 roll there...

I've played some micro stakes I-poker but I've pretty much heard they have really bad play there...

Pacific poker is tho the softest platform I've played on... the play there is as terrible as the software :)

Also, I quite like Full Tilt structure, blinds moving up gradually without big jumps unlike Stars, and allowing tons of play.

I think I like stars structure little bit better tbh.. and it allows more play imo..
      It starts at 10/20 which is cool for hands with bunch of implied odds...
      and blind levels like 60/80 are so boring for my TAG style since I'll so often have like 16 - 20 bb's at that stage and not really sure how to play...

I think I like the 25/50 - 50/100 jump on stars because on 25/50 you'll so often have +25bb's and then it jumps to 50/100 and it pretty much changes to push/fold mode in one blind up :)

Hard to explain but on full tilt your so often playing with 16 - 20 bb stack which is pretty retarded :)

you mind sharing your name on full tilt... I've maybe played you before :)
    • aurs
      aurs
      Black
      My nickname is the same as in the forum - aurs. What's yours?

Actually, your point about the blind jumps is very good, especially when blinds go up to 40/80, cause if you have abut 1.5k at that point you can only 3x raise your very premium hands as you are vulnerable to a reshove, while a 2.5x raise is not respected at all in Tilt :)

I think I will try Mansion then.. or maybe Stars. Gotta try something new. You know, at one point, from mid November till early December the level was plain awful. I am sure I could have maintained 30% ROI playing 10$ SNG's running normal. Now it's about 15%, hard to say.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I grinded the $11 upto the $109's on ipoker, and imo they are the softest games around for them buyins. Problem is, there isn't much traffic at all. I was forced to move to stars, just for the sheer volume of players. I still play titan SnG's after a few drinks, when i'm only playing a few tables at once, they are still as fishy as ever ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
    • aurs
      aurs
      Black
      That's nice to hear mate! If you say so, I must try this.

By the way, what is your time zone and which hours do you play the most? From my experience, better selection can lead to vast improvements as well.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Ipoker is soft, I play it aswell (the 22$ STT). Avoid me, because I eat you alive :evil: :tongue:

Dont know if it's much softer then other platforms though... I think the general level of play is terrible everywhere ^^
    • aurs
      aurs
      Black
      Well, it gets donkish around midnight in Europe on Full Tilt, but still there are 3 multitablers every time. I think if I did very careful table selection, I could achieve around 15% ROI there, but it still seems to be a long shot. Most of my opponents have around 9%, which would be almost acceptable for me including reasonable rakeback. But gotta try Ipoker, eben though I haven't yet heard a positive comment about its software and support :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I used to play at pretty much all times of the day and night. Depending on how hard I had been partying :D There is always fish on ipoker.

Titans support sucks if you need help, which shouldn't be to often (you always have the forums for questions)

The software is quite basic and bad, but I feel best at home there. It is easy on the eye, which helps with concentration. Also you cant resize the tables (only mini view and large), this can be pretty damn bad with only one screen.

I'd suggest you play a few sets before moving the whole of your role to there.

Titans blind structure in STT's is 2nd to none imo ;)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      ² cannell, coulden't describe it better

Best time to play is friday-saturday around midnight, guess that's true for all platforms. Not much traffic on weekdays, bet never many (good) regulars.
    • tlLome
      tlLome
      Bronze
      The sng's at Titan are pretty soft if you can put up with playing there and their god awful new "VIP program".However the softest I have come across in my bonus whoring quest is at Ultimate Bet. I am a relatively new player but am manging to place in about 55% at the $5 level, from what I have heard the play up a level or two is not that much stronger.

If I have violated anything by discussing a non sponsored site feel free to delete this.
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Ipoker Titan/Mansion is pretty soft but will get outdrawn a lot on there because of the standard of players is generaly poor , great network for MTT as well because they tend to be smaaler than the PokerStars MTT with good chance of winning them