Calling All-in's of 100BB in NL2/5

• GragasBro
      GragasBro
      Bronze
      Hi,

I found that there are some guys in NL2/NL5 who just decide to move all-in preflop without any action beforehand.
      With which range would you call such an all in?

Greetings
  • 6 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It depends on with position he’s shoving and on with position you are in. Also it’s good to know how aggressive he is, but I would call with QQ+ and AKs for sure without any info on him as cash game fish.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • tennajkrajsi
      tennajkrajsi
      Silver
      it depends on the site .... IF it is a uknown player at party poker or 888 TT+ AQ AJs (but for 100bb i´d fold TT and AQ without any read)
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      He means players who shove any2 every hand for 100bb. Folding 77 and ATs against any2 is missing on a ton of value. I mean I would call the first time he shoves with QQ+ AK, but if he shoves 3 times in a row chances are he does it with 100% range. Not that 3 hands is a sure sample, but it is a good enough sample to go with. Keep in mind these players may sitout soon because they are busto or bored.

As SDK said position is key, but its not the shover's position thats important, its yours. If the guy shoves 100% from UTG and im UTG+1 Im folding AQo, while if Im on the SB, Im calling ATs. /Im talking 9 man.../
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I can’t see that he means the player would shove any 2 first in.
      That would make a decent different of the calling ranges.
    • axppp
      axppp
      Bronze
      i would probably not fold anything up to JJ+ and AQs+... but like others said it really depends on what information you have on player (if you have any)
    • immot
      immot
      Bronze
      At PokerStars NL5 you should be good with JJ+ AK. It might be even too tight vs frist in all-in but vs 3bet shove for 100bb don't be surprised to see AA quite often there.