[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KQo vs a donk

• Nitlock
      Nitlock
      Bronze
      check flop cause he was 100% contibet after his mini raises. i c/c the river cause Ace completes few draws and i did put him on ace high so mb he has to pair like AT/A6, not many times he calls me with nothing.
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.50
      BU:
      $3.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , K:heart:
      Hero calls $0.10, CO folds, BU raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.55) Q:heart: , K:spade: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.15) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

River: ($2.15) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $3.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qc Kh)
      BU shows a pair of aces (8h Ah)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and queens (Qc Kh)
  • 9 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Dont open limp preflop ,its sooo weak.
      As played:
      If he's a donk, raise him on the flop for value. If you decided to float, bet turn bigger,and make a blockbet on such a river.
    • Nitlock
      Nitlock
      Bronze
      limping is OK here IMO. i wanted to play many pots with him and i wont reraise him with KQ cause its not strong enough.i limp and hope to hit a good flop cause he pays.
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nitlock
      limping is OK here IMO. i wanted to play many pots with him and i wont reraise him with KQ cause its not strong enough.i limp and hope to hit a good flop cause he pays.
      And yet you have top two pair and have 10 of his bb's in the pot on the turn. Does not compute.

Raise pf, lead flop and turn and you have his stack in the middle by the time the river is dealt.

It's a big difference.

If he 3bets you pf, then never mind, next hand. But you want to have the initiative when you are in a hand against him so you can take his stack when he hits third pair or some other garbage and donates it to you.

One other thing, this board is great for you (apart from the river, of course). There are so many weaker hands he may hold that aren't folding, you can get so much value out of it.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

no , open limping preflop is not ok , it's very weak. At least by raising it you get heads up against the donk a lot of the times and can stack him since it's easier in a raised pot.

I agree with darkonebeg about your play.
    • Nitlock
      Nitlock
      Bronze
      i didn't limp i called his raise. and every time i 3bet him with AJ AQ he 4bet. i think calling is the right here. but mb i am wrong
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well,look at your hand mate :)
      You are to act before him. You limped and then called his miniraise.
    • Nitlock
      Nitlock
      Bronze
      cause i was getting 3bet like every time i raised , and i didnt want to get 3beted with KQ.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nitlock
      cause i was getting 3bet like every time i raised , and i didnt want to get 3beted with KQ.
      You are way ahead of an ATC range. Just put him all-in pre then, He has less than 40BB.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      open limping is bad especialy with kq against a donk from who you want value .
      dont let him see cheap flops in position over you .
      raise kq every time when folded to you . if he is 3 beting a lot then consider shoving over his 3 bet . kq does fairly good against a wide 3 bet range from a donk
      as played i;d check raise flop small and get it in on turn and river
      gl