How many BB do you win playing Stud?

• Naharro
      Naharro
      Bronze
      At first sorry for my english.

How many BB win per hour or BB/100hands playing Stud8, Razz, or Stud Hi?
      What "VPIP" do you have?
      And other stats (if you have it, like fold af or cb at4,5,6,7st...)?

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      Hey,

was just going as ask what a good rate for 7 card is.

Should you look to a similar rate to hold 'em?
      Is around the 10BB/h a good rate?

Any feedback is appreciated.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I read that you can expect anything between 1-7ptBB/100, probably more at the loose and passive microstakes. Not that the game gets any better at low limits, I have noticed...

VPIP depends a little on the situation, of course, but 20% should pretty standard for stud hi/lo. Same goes for razz, though you have to remember it will vary a lot until you reach at least 10k mark.
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim9137
      I read that you can expect anything between 1-7ptBB/100, probably more at the loose and passive microstakes. Not that the game gets any better at low limits, I have noticed...

VPIP depends a little on the situation, of course, but 20% should pretty standard for stud hi/lo. Same goes for razz, though you have to remember it will vary a lot until you reach at least 10k mark.
      Thanks for the feedback.
      Low limits can be pretty wild what people keep betting with!!!
    • Naharro
      Naharro
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for the feedback.

About the de VPIP of course depends on the situation for example the blid structure.

Jim, Do you think it is correct?
      • <20 rock
      • 20 tight
      • 30 very loose
      • +35 (relatively) fishy
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I think 30 is still stretching it. I have played sessions with 32% vpip. It really depends on the table makeup; you can't get away with that sort of number in loose aggressive games, but in loose passive games you get so many free cards that it is nearly ridiculous to not to take advantage of it.

Also, if you happen to play stud over Titan, the ante is so ridiculous that you are justified calling nearly with any three (it's quarter of the BB! What are they thinking?!). This reflects the typical thought that higher the forced bets, the more cards you can play in relation. If everyone is nearly allin due to antes, there is no reason to fold, and if there is no forced bets, you should only place wired aces.

But I'd consider that relatively good guide. I generally consider people with VPIP of 50 or higher the fishes, and people around 30-40 people who might know a thing or two, but are way too loose. 20-30 mark is usually when I keep a wary eye on their cards, people with lower than 20 are usually easy to play against as you can easily put them on a hand.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      As a disclaimer, I might add that I am no stud expert, and these are based purely on my experience and what I have studied from 2+2 forums. If you want more educated opinions, you can easily find tons of discussion on the subject there. :) I'd not worry too much about the numbers, and focus more on the play itself.

PS: Sorry for late reply, I usually lurk the Finnish section, I only occasionally read this crazy English. :heart:
    • Naharro
      Naharro
      Bronze
      Hi I "copy" this numbers from 2+2 forums but i think it for midium-hi limits. I have played session with 30% too. I think a good note it's beter than a stat but i have a new traker and i want to use it :D .

... in loose passive games you get so many free cards that it is nearly ridiculous to not to take advantage of it...

It's true. I watch a lot of free cards. For example in the last session this happends 2 times: I paid the bring, one or two limpers and went to the 6th or 7th street whitnot bets an won the pot .

Thanks

PS: Don't worry I usually look the spanish forum but there isn't Stud coaching or advaced players so I read English section time to time.
    • prometheus42
      prometheus42
      Bronze
      Currently I run at 2.9BB/100 at 0.5/1 Stud Hi for ca. 29.000h.
      My VIPIP is around 22 and I'm raising 3rd about 9% of the time. AF is 2.3.