My ego causes downswings!!

• justbor
      justbor
      Bronze
      Hey :D

Well after a while, played few k hands and realised I braked even. I have read few books and stuff so the result was not what I was hoping for. But deeper analysis showed, that I loose my BR in swings, mostly they are wannabe bluffs which don't work. Also the data I would like to point out, that I c bet like mad, since on lower micros c bets does wonders.
      So for example I play 4 tables an hour, I come from 10$ buy in to 12$ aprox per table and than I big bot I try to bluff firts c bet 1$ than turn bet 4$ and than the other guy shoves and I am basicly comitted...

So Over the last 5k hands I have found 10 so called bluff attemps that went exactly the same way. Ye I realised that now, but the thrill he is bluffing just takes me on. Any1 else has this or similar problem? Played SH btw.

Any advice how to deal with it etc etc anything :)

Thx for reading
  • 5 replies
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justbor
      Hey :D

Well after a while, played few k hands and realised I braked even. I have read few books and stuff so the result was not what I was hoping for. But deeper analysis showed, that I loose my BR in swings, mostly they are wannabe bluffs which don't work. Also the data I would like to point out, that I c bet like mad, since on lower micros c bets does wonders.
      So for example I play 4 tables an hour, I come from 10$ buy in to 12$ aprox per table and than I big bot I try to bluff firts c bet 1$ than turn bet 4$ and than the other guy shoves and I am basicly comitted...

So Over the last 5k hands I have found 10 so called bluff attemps that went exactly the same way. Ye I realised that now, but the thrill he is bluffing just takes me on. Any1 else has this or similar problem? Played SH btw.

Any advice how to deal with it etc etc anything :)

Thx for reading
      Im a little bit confused. Do you play cashgames or SNGs?

Im going to go with cashgames. yeah.
      What limit do you play and do you play SSS or BSS, or do you just ride your own wheel?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well , as you described it, dont second barrel a lot of hands.
      You are never commited vs a normal stack in a regular(non 3bet) pot, even after the second barrel btw, if you are, you are doing something wrong :) .
      Post your hands for evaluation,that does wonders.
    • justbor
      justbor
      Bronze
      I played SH BSS some NL 10 and 5. Will post hands from now.

sorry for the mixed text had some personal things goin on when writing, so I was little stressed out....

thx for replys
    • 13BlackCats
      13BlackCats
      Bronze
      I recommend the book 'Zen and the Art of Poker'
      =brillant easy read, helps a lot with many psychological aspects of the game (patience, tilt, tightness, folding...)

good luck
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      I notice that I sometimes do the same. Its pretty much the winners tilt, when you keep winning pots, not too big, but you are getting confident and greedy for a bigger one. Then there it comes!:D You loose what you made in the last 150 hands, and now you are on tilt even more. This also happens to me when I get very few playable cards, and when I do get it, I keep pushing, with 2 overcards. After I loose a bigger chunk I just can't believe I did it...