Titan boykot ?

• sgosgo
      sgosgo
      Black
      English Translation of the message i posted on the french forum (which got a lot of support in a very small time) :

WITNESSES :
      I opened an account on Titan via pokerstrategy on Spring 2007. I played there quite a lot and got about 1 600 000 tp, which were not very usefull (some buy-in... but I dont play tournaments), but their web site indicated they were worth 1000tp = 1$ and could be exchanged in some future (this never become possible). On many other iPoker rooms iPoker, points have this same value. On some it is possible to change them for cash at any time.

During Fall 2007, customer support several times indicated me I'll be able to use points in their shop "which is to be opened next month" (this "next month" stayed constant, from month to month ...). I progressively played less on Titan.

In november 2008, 2 phone calls from Titan VIP support, asking why I was playing less, announcing a new team in Titan and a new super VIP system before january 1st, 2009, including the availability of a shop. I indicated I already had tons of points. Answer = "well, you will be able to buy many stuff in the shop from the first day".

On decembre 23th, 2008, email (in french) to assistance@titanpoker.com : "I presently have close to 2 000 000 tp, and have been waiting for your shop which has been announced 18 months ago, in order to use them. Could you please confirm by return that these (old) points will be usable in your (new) shop.".... no response from Titan up to now.

On january 5th, 2009 : their new VIP system is at least official, and all my old points have disappeared and are worthless.

I AM FAR FROM BEING ALONE (pokerstrategy forums are full of similar).
      I also have some players who described their difficulties to cashout significant amounts (e.g. limitation at 10 k$/month cashouted).

CONCLUSION :
      1) I do not trust Titan anymore;
      2) I cashout my remaining few $, with no intention to come back;
      3) I wonder whether pokerstrategy should continue to recommend his members to play on Titan.

On this last point, I have no idea on the agreement between pokerstrategy and Titan. But I would be tempted to state :
      - either pokerstrategy can put the pressure on Titan, so that Titan keeps to its commitments much better;
      - or pokerstrategy members should put the pressure on pokerstrategy to stop recommanding this room.

What do you thing about this ?
  • 19 replies
    • RavinMic
      RavinMic
      Bronze
      Would love to join you, but my bankroll is on there and I haven't cleared 2500 points to be able to withdraw it and put it elsewhere. So I need at least 2000 more points to do so, that is if they don't make me start over on the 2500. i would have picked a different site had I known, but the rake is better at micro stakes on titan than it is on Full Tilt. That and I already had a Full tilt account and a Party Poker account. Looks like they got me by the nuts.
    • Tudazul
      Tudazul
      Bronze
      I´ll do it.

I have (had) 5000 TPoints, not so much compare you but Im so angry about it. Only need is to deposit $20 by Neteller or MB to cash out all my money from Titan. It´s will be take some weeks but I´ll never play there.

Sorry for my english.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      For me is easy. I gave up on Titan after summer time ;) Anyway i agree Titan sucks ;)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      It's true... titan is REALY screwing up now. They deleted all my titan points aswell (only 20K or something... I don't mind), but even worse: there new VIP system sucks balls and they dont offer normal reload/deposit bonusses anymore.
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Im scared im gonna get phoned if i withdraw all my money :(
    • sgosgo
      sgosgo
      Black
      Originally posted by Tudazul
      I´ll do it.

I have (had) 5000 TPoints, not so much compare you but Im so angry about it. Only need is to deposit $20 by Neteller or MB to cash out all my money from Titan. It´s will be take some weeks but I´ll never play there.

Sorry for my english.
      In case you plan to open a MB account, use https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=5204191 ;)
    • pablopoko
      pablopoko
      Bronze
      From the spanish community, I totally support you man!
      I want to demand them also, and if you want to put pressure them, or start legal actions (i dont know where to denounce it) i have proof: An email from the support, AFTER they announced the new store, telling me than my 125.000 tp WILL NOT expire.

Luckily i didnt delete this mail, so i still have the proof of the support telling me that the points wont expire.

Titan sucks!
    • Nepotism
      Nepotism
      Bronze
      what a waste of time been playing on titan for a couple of years and when they said their sorting out their points section thought it was about time :) then get on there 2day and all the points i've earned are worth nothing and they still had a cheek to put in their emails that they've been listening to players atleast with someone like party you get an equivalent amount of points to merchendise not like titan its like going back in time with their schemes and they say its the best lol wishful thinking well unless its 2005 again
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      sgosgo:
      You're right, but I really doubt there's anything you can do about that :( Titan sucks and a lot of players here know that. It looks like Titan doesn't give a fuck about their players at all, so you should forget about your points and just move to other site..
      There're few more reason why should PokerStrategy put more pressure on them, but it's close to impossible imo. It's still good site for beginners and that's why PS should (and will) continue with cooperation.

RavinMic:
      rake on Titan's FL tables is huge in comparison to other PS affiliates, that's the reason I left after 2-3 weeks (btw: it was in the middle of July, so during summertime bonus period - it still wasn't interesting enough)

(it was my personal opinion, so don't take a look at my nice avatar :P )

Originally posted by gape0000
      I can't get rid of them after 6 months :rolleyes:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

Originally posted by gape0000
      I can't get rid of them after 6 months :rolleyes:
      I can't believe people still use real phone numbers for sites like these :D

I only had 100k points took away, but I believed them to be worthless (never got told I could keep them, and use in the shop), so I wasn't to annoyed.

I have however withdrew every last cent from there ;)
    • Tudazul
      Tudazul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sgosgo
      Originally posted by Tudazul
      I´ll do it.

Sorry for my english.
      In case you plan to open a MB account, use https://www.moneybookers.com/app/?rid=5204191 ;)
      Ow, thanks man but I just have MB account.

One and only reason to keep Titan installed here in my pc is PS Bronze and Silver freerolls.
    • sgosgo
      sgosgo
      Black
      Originally posted by opal99
      sgosgo:
      ....../.....
      There're few more reason why should PokerStrategy put more pressure on them, but it's close to impossible imo. It's still good site for beginners and that's why PS should (and will) continue with cooperation.
      From what I read on the German ps.de forum (where Titan threads were very "popular" these days, as you can imagine), Korn has taken this (VIP system and issues with Titan account hacked) in hand... Let's see what will come from it
    • PokerGirlAA
      PokerGirlAA
      Basic
      hi,

ok you had million points but you also get benefits like Loyalty Bonus if you were a big VIP player and Reload Bonus so you were already paid for those points and you cannot ask to be pay again ;)
      The only difference is that they never deduct points from your account since.... few years.
      They biuld up a new VIP program and from now we will be able to cash out according to points and no more to VIP levels.
      Plus they gave me 12,000 points in compensation so i'm happy with that and as far as i understand the VIP Program is more transparent and generous than before.

Come on guys, changes are always difficult but this time it's for better... Our points will finally mean something.
    • sgosgo
      sgosgo
      Black
      Originally posted by PokerGirlAA
      hi,

ok you had million points but you also get benefits like Loyalty Bonus if you were a big VIP player and Reload Bonus so you were already paid for those points and you cannot ask to be pay again ;)
      The only difference is that they never deduct points from your account since.... few years.
      They biuld up a new VIP program and from now we will be able to cash out according to points and no more to VIP levels.
      Plus they gave me 12,000 points in compensation so i'm happy with that and as far as i understand the VIP Program is more transparent and generous than before.

Come on guys, changes are always difficult but this time it's for better... Our points will finally mean something.
      Hi PokerGirlAA (on ps.de since yesterday),
      Aren't you the lady (from Titanpoker Support (or her colleage) who phoned me , in order to convince me that this new system was so fantastic ? Nice (useless) attempt ;-) :D
    • dltoster
      dltoster
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerGirlAA
      Plus they gave me 12,000 points in compensation so i'm happy with that
      So you are diamond on Titan. Unpaid 300$ loyalyty for your december status makes you happy too? :rolleyes:
    • PokerGirlAA
      PokerGirlAA
      Basic
      So if i'm not saying that their VIP program is suck it means that i'm a Titan employee :D
      I'll give them a chance and yes they called me too ;)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dltoster
      So you are diamond on Titan. Unpaid 300$ loyalyty for your december status makes you happy too? :rolleyes:
      So that it is also communicated here: After lengthy communication with Titan, Korn has managed to get Titan to continue to payout already 'earned' loyalty bonuses for PokerStrategy players.

Here the short version of the Titan Statement on the matter:

Titan Poker will make a special consideration to its PokerStrategy VIP
      players and ease out its former Loyalty Bonus program gradually over the
      next 3 months. Bonuses will be issued to players who held VIP status on
      January 1, 2009, according to the terms and conditions of the Loyalty Bonus
      program, as long as the players remain minimally at a Gold VIP status at the
      start of each of the next three months. The bonus will take into
      consideration game play prior to January 2009, when Club Titan was launched.
      The Points Bonus awarded to VIP Players on January 5, 2009 will be deducted
      from the calculation of the February Loyalty Bonus.
      The more important details will follow in the coming days. It is assumed that the loyalty bonuses will most likely be paid out in form of the new Titan Points. It is also important to note that this measure is only valid if you have at least Gold VIP status in the new Titan System.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • dltoster
      dltoster
      Bronze
      Great, http://www.yonkis.com/mediaflash/unmillon.htm :D
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I must remember that vid to bug my friends :p