Pot Limit Omaha, Heads Up, RRP, FLOPP, 100BB eff.stacks

• PLOOOP
      PLOOOP
      Basic
      Pot Limit Omaha, Heads Up, RRP, FLOPP, 100BB eff.stacks

First of all, I have a tendency of overcomplicating stuff so i never finish what i start...i hope i can get help so i actually get somewhere this time
      Also if im approaching this the wrong way or you know a better way of working on your game , plz let me know id appreciat that a lot

So... I feel I play BAD in 3B pots...but have never bothered to do the work to actually try to improve my game. It's time for a change! And since I've never done this kind of work, I have no clue how to my stats are, and after some googling I still have no clue so its time to make a post!

In 3B pots we eather are the guy whos made a 3B or the guy whos called a 3B, and I have choosen to start looking into the spot where I'm the CALLER (IP), and we are playing 100BB eff. stacks. I'm also only looking into the Flopp play atm. Also this approach is about getting more balanced, not exploiting player, so its more of a default strategy.
      Do I need to make assumptions about a default Villain then? Like he 3b 15% and cb 70%. Do I need to go into details about which ranges he cb and which he chekkes on different flopps...its getting kinda complicated if so....how accurate do YOU usually make assumtions when working on your game?

Ok, time to bring in THE STATS: (and im not even sure about which stats to look at, so if someone is missing , thx for letting me know)

EV BB/100: - 59
      Stab when Villain chekk: 36
      CALL: 41
      Fold: 44
      Raise: 15
      Raise-Fold: 3
      Average all in EQ on flopp: 50.2

THOUGHTS:

For me it seems like I have to few bluff in my raising range, or i just raise/stack off to light. And since my average all in EQ seems at least fine to me?, it seems I need start working in more bluff raises, shuldnt it be more like Raise-Fold 40% if i want to be balanced? The other numbers seems fine to me, but I am not sure at all...

So If I'm right about bringing in more bluff-raises in my game as my number one priority to improve, how do i find wich hands are good to bluff with? How would YOU approach this?
  • 7 replies
    • Post removed

• Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey PLOOOP,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

I'll move this to our 'Omaha' board where it is more likely to be seen by fellow PLO players.

You should also take a moment or two to Introduce yourself! to us properly.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • PLOOOP
      PLOOOP
      Basic
      My post might have been to messy so ill ask a more direct and simple question:

What is your stats (the same ones ive listed) after you use filter: number of players: from 2 to 2 , hero's position: SB , PFR = True AND Called preflopp 3B = True

I think maybe just an ok start to have a feel for which numbers are out there?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      That is pretty tough question, as with those filters it's a spot where you open from SB against BB who 3bets. Usually in normal 6max PLO it is a bit rare that the action comes unopened to SB. It happens in tight micro tables every now and then, but when opponents become at least semi-decent it's rare.

And when the situation comes, those numbers are affected by your preflop range. If your RFI from SB is 50%, the numbers are a bit different that what they would be with 15% range. Another thing that affects is your postflop skills, how often you bluff your opponent etc.

I don't know what call/fold/raise are in your stats. Are they preflop stats, or flop stats? If they are flop stats, then your raises are mostly for value.

If you want to widen your raising range, you should add semibluffs on drawy boards and pure bluffs into locked/dry boards.
    • PLOOOP
      PLOOOP
      Basic
      Im only playing pure heads up, not 6max. And the stats are from after using the filters i mentioned. So they are from the flopp .
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      In HU SB is in position, in 6max SB is oop compared to SB. So you can't really compare HU stats to 6max.
    • PLOOOP
      PLOOOP
      Basic
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      In HU SB is in position, in 6max SB is oop compared to SB. So you can't really compare HU stats to 6max.
      Yes, I only want respons from HU players