Rewards Pts=Buy a Bonus

• saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      I am currently playing on Party Poker and i am debating whether or not to switch to Poker Stars. I currently recieve about 150-200 Party Points a day since I have moved up to .5/1 FR games. I play 2 tables for about 5 hrs a day roughly, it takes 1500 pts to get the $100 buy a bonus which i have just bought for the first time but i have read alot of blogs and the 6 player tables seem to be the way to go.
      Since i haven't really played those tables, and Party Poker doesn't have 6 player games at a limit of less than .5/1, i am a little worried about my BR and don't really want to take a bath on that limit which i am sure will happen when i go to the 6 player format, and would like to play a lower limit first to adjust.

I know it takes 5000 FPP to get a $50 buy a bonus on Poker Stars, just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of how long that would take to achieve if i was playing the way i do on Party Poker, or any other suggestions that would help me with my decision.

Thank-you
  • 7 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Recommendation: Stay at Party. With the "Buy-a-Bonus" program, playing 0.5/1 SH you'll be getting around 30% rakeback (clearing the 1,500 pts bonuses).

The game is quite soft at 0.5/1, and it's not that hard to adapt to shorthanded (6-max). :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by saywhat
      I am currently playing on Party Poker and i am debating whether or not to switch to Poker Stars. I currently recieve about 150-200 Party Points a day since I have moved up to .5/1 FR games. I play 2 tables for about 5 hrs a day roughly, it takes 1500 pts to get the $100 buy a bonus which i have just bought for the first time but i have read alot of blogs and the 6 player tables seem to be the way to go.
      Since i haven't really played those tables, and Party Poker doesn't have 6 player games at a limit of less than .5/1, i am a little worried about my BR and don't really want to take a bath on that limit which i am sure will happen when i go to the 6 player format, and would like to play a lower limit first to adjust.

I know it takes 5000 FPP to get a $50 buy a bonus on Poker Stars, just wondering if anyone can give me a rough idea of how long that would take to achieve if i was playing the way i do on Party Poker, or any other suggestions that would help me with my decision.

Thank-you
      Hi saywhat;
      0.5/1 SH at Party is the same as at Stars (maybe even softer as it's 1st SH limit), so there's no need to move because of that. Just play FR until you have solid BR and give a try SH tables (i moved from 0.1/0.2 FR -> 0.5/1 FR -> 0.5/1 SH on Party too btw).

@5000 FPP bonus on Stars: it's waste of FPPs! You get only $0.01/FPP even the maximum exchange rate for cash bonuses is $0.016 ($0.013 for platinum members what shouldn't be problem sooner or later), so the best you can do is saving and saving..
      btw: if you're gold on Stars (18k hands on 0.5/1 SH per month), you can get 0.5 BB/100 (the maximum possible is 0.7 is you save for months and months until you reach SN) hands back in bonuses (if you exchange your 25000 FPPs for $285 cash bonus)... Don't know what's that as rakeback - Amirapuato played there, so he will know ;)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amirapuato
      Recommendation: Stay at Party. With the "Buy-a-Bonus" program, playing 0.5/1 SH you'll be getting around 30% rakeback (clearing the 1,500 pts bonuses).

The game is quite soft at 0.5/1, and it's not that hard to adapt to shorthanded (6-max). :)
      actually i calculated 15% (at NL200sh). Maybe you made the same mistake as i did (i had also found 30%)? They give points per RAKED hand, not per hand
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      any idea what the ratio of raked/played hands is on NLSH games??
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by Amirapuato

actually i calculated 15% (at NL200sh). Maybe you made the same mistake as i did (i had also found 30%)? They give points per RAKED hand, not per hand
      FL 0.5/1 SH gives 10 PP for 57 raked hands. As it's very fishy there, about 80-85% of hands are raked hands. So it'd be 10 PP for 67-71 played hands. And for 10,000 - 10,700 played hands you'd be getting the 1,500 PP = $100.

Rake is about 3 BigBets/100 at that limit, so you'd be paying between $300 and $320 rake for each $100 bonus.

Approximate rakeback at FL 0.5/1 SH: 30% - 33% :D

FL >> NL ;)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimothyVdp1
      any idea what the ratio of raked/played hands is on NLSH games??
      roughly 1/2
    • saywhat
      saywhat
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the help and insight, you guys are pretty handy to have around. :)