Stars Double Or Nothing

• Joronamo

I just started playing these new stars double or nothing tourneys. They seem pretty easy to cash theoretically. I mean, all you have to do is make the top 5 and you double up..thats it! Sounds almost too easy. I played about 10 of them today and had about 50/50 success. Mind you i was on tilt for most of it which led to some irrational plays. But is there a catch? What are some good strategies for these...please help!
  • 2 replies
    • lennert9
      play tight in the beginning, try not to get involved in marginal situations, and since you will be shortstacked on the bubble in about 60% of the cases, work on your push or fold game, but always pay attention to the stacks of other players, it's useless to go all in, if there are 2 shortstacks who will be all in due to the blinds before it's your turn. If there's only one player who has to go.

Also, an advice some other players in the dutch community give is: play many tables (some play sets of 10 tables as a standard ) this way you only have time to play your good hands, and avoid getting in bad situations.
    • TTT241
      Did $1k on $10 DoN in 1 moth (about 1000 games, 9 tables concurently).