Sick swings.

• Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Today is -170$ down.... 7 stacks. I can't understand what is heppening as I can't win the hand, it seems like villains are only folding when I have goods and only playing back when I bluff, they have nuts when I have strong hands. Sorry for my whining but it's difficult to take this on my own.

That's a hell of a test for my psychological part of the game, I am afraid of starting new session now and I wanted to move to NL50 next week lol, bye bye NL50 for a while. Here is my january graph...

• 12 replies
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Graph looks 'tilty' at the end. Read about stop-loss limit and use it if you dont do it already - perhaps would of saved couple buyins. Link: stop-loss limit

Originally posted by Balanarm
      it seems like villains are only folding when I have goods and only playing back when I bluff
      This is pretty much what all good players do. You have to live with it and learn how to pick your spots, be deceptive and how to extract value. Besides you shouldnt bluff a lot on those limits. On any limit actually. Bluffs are quite rare thing - perhaps you over do it. (In my mind cbet aint bluff btw :) )
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Graph looks 'tilty' at the end. Read about stop-loss limit and use it if you dont do it already - perhaps would of saved couple buyins. Link: stop-loss limit

it seems like villains are only folding when I have goods and only playing back when I bluff
      This is pretty much what all good players do. You have to live with it and learn how to pick your spots, be deceptive and how to extract value. Besides you shouldnt bluff a lot on those limits. On any limit actually. Bluffs are quite rare thing - perhaps you over do it. (In my mind cbet aint bluff btw :) )
      Yeah, but sometimes it's vice versa, I don't think I played vs many good players today.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Well there is one more thing about bad players and bluffs - never bluff a calling station :)
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      My whole NL25 graph looks like this btw(40k hands). I am quite profitable tho, 12BB/100. What does it mean, that I am tilting too much when I loose probably?

Look the update:

• RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Today is -170$ down.... 7 stacks. I can't understand what is heppening as I can't win the hand, it seems like villains are only folding when I have goods and only playing back when I bluff, they have nuts when I have strong hands. Sorry for my whining but it's difficult to take this on my own.

That's a hell of a test for my psychological part of the game, I am afraid of starting new session now and I wanted to move to NL50 next week lol, bye bye NL50 for a while. Here is my january graph...
      You are not alone. The same thing is happening to me for the last 13 days. I am down for 260$. When i hold AA either everyone folds (most cases) or i get sucked out, because the donkey decides it's cool to call my push with low pair or suited connectors, of course flop serves him with a set, straight or flush.
      But when i have suited connectors or low pair, i usually call if there are at least 4 limpers, i don't hit shit. Flop totally misses me in 99%. Then i try the occasional bluff, but noooo the guy calls everthing, guess what, he is slowplaying his monster hand or hits his miracle card on the turn or the river, i never do.
      I am sure i didn't change my play too drastically and i hope it's just variance. But i sure a luck factor has to do with it too.
      Good luck anyway.
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Yea I fully understand you. It feeld like partypoker is getting rake from us like that, some hours I loose hands and then I win, it's never mixed.

TOday it's the same downswing again! I want to scream, they always get a set by the river or sets on A55 flop when I have AK or they call me down with the lowest pair possible when I make a move.

Lol, today's stats = 38 pocket pair dealt, 0 sets!
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      it's not from party poker :)
      I've continiously played on 3 sites in the last months and it's the same everywhere, losing losing losing ;)
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Gah, i can be happy then, cause my downswing last for 13 days only, i can't imagine loosing for months.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If things aren`t going in the right direction just take a break. Even a week or two far away from poker can do very good.
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      RockEye: I like that u remember only badbeats u recieve. But what about the ones u give ? :rolleyes:
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I almost never give a badbeat, cause i am not such a lucky donk :tongue: