Daniel Negreanu 10$ into 10k$ challenge

• 47 replies
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      if he won't move back in limits when necessary and sticks to his 5BI BRM rule for moving up, i think he'll need quite a bit of luck to pull this off...

ps: lol @ waiting list...
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      Oh damn I wish I had cash on stars. It will be nice to watch his success.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      wow i will watch it :)
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      He wants 100k, not just 10k. Btw, I can't dind the place where can I track this challenge, could you please post a link?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He said something about his blog in the video, too lazy to search it now :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Time to play some sick bluffs against the poker kid on NL10 ;) :D
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by viewer88
      He wont get that far :D
      And you wont get that close,in the waiting list :D
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I think he's planning to write a book about this.

I can tell from personal experience that grinding through the limits isnt always fun :tongue:
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I also, totally randomly decided to try a little fun experiment. Starting with a $10 bankroll I'm playing ring game NL hold'em on PokerStars, starting out at $0.01-$0.02 and not moving up in limits until I have 500 big blinds at the next limit. Why? It's kinda fun. Also, I'll be documenting the results in a thread in the Full Contact Poker forum as well as making videos of it at PokerVT. So far I've played two sessions, 145 hands total and have had a good run winning $6.29. When I get to $25 I'll jump to $0.02-$0.05.

lol if he thinks he can do that...

Got more now..

The goal is to run it up to like $100,000 in about three years or so. If I go broke I'm just going to quit, but I'm trying to avoid brokedom by being careful with my buy in amounts. Whatever my bankroll is, I will always buy in for 1/5th of my total bankroll. So, in the $0.01-$0.02 game I'll start with $2.00. If I were to happen to lose the $2.00 my next session would be 1/5th of the $8.00 bankroll I have left (1.60). I'll continue to do that as long as the game allows, meaning if I dip below the minimum buy in I'll be forced to gamble. I won't go down in limits.

love his midstacking idea..
    • Betawatchout
      Betawatchout
      Bronze
      Has anyone heard his BRM? He's using a 1/5 buyin strategy! Lol how long do we think this could last? :)
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Betawatchout
      Has anyone heard his BRM? He's using a 1/5 buyin strategy! Lol how long do we think this could last? :)
      Well this is an old live game BRM(I think boby baldwin inroducedi it as the 20% rule), for games that you can beat.And it was per session.
      He's playing 1 table, so he could focus on reads.And he's daniel negreanu fgs :D , im sure a lot of people will just dump him like a lot of cash, just to see what he has or out of sympathy.My bet is that he's going at least to NL1k.It will be kinda hard to predict after that.
      Ferguson did manage to get to 10k, but he was using 20BI strategy, and multitabling.A lot like a standart PS member.
    • kaffeeteufel
      kaffeeteufel
      Bronze
      I guess he is playing limit poker with a 500 big blind BRM ... although in this case I'm not sure what "small ball" is supposed to mean in FL - but then again, I'm not a FL player ;)
    • RavinMic
      RavinMic
      Bronze
      Chris Ferguson did something like this before. Except he started with nothin on Full Tilt and turned it into 10k.

http://pokerworks.com/poker-strategy/beginner-poker-strategy/chris-ferguson-turns-0-into-10-000-on-full-tilt-poker.html
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      In the vid he was all excited about a big $5 win he made, hehe.

The not moving down in limits thing is nuts. I put the over/under what his max bankroll will be at $362. :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Originally posted by viewer88
      He wont get that far :D
      And you wont get that close,in the waiting list :D
      hehehe, I remember 20+ waiting list to play with greenstein , We should bet about how big would it be for negreanu on nl2
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Considering how much money is sent to his account daily (which we will probably subract of course) but also how much money will probably be donated to him while he is playing, this is pretty much just a show act - especially if he just one-tables :o

If he simply plays tight and value bets he should have consistent crazy pt/BB winning sessions due to players simply calling him down with anything.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Considering how much money is sent to his account daily (which we will probably subract of course) but also how much money will probably be donated to him while he is playing, this is pretty much just a show act - especially if he just one-tables :o

If he simply plays tight and value bets he should have consistent crazy pt/BB winning sessions due to players simply calling him down with anything.
      Yup, I think so too, but it will stop at some level. I think it will be around NL1k, the regulars will become very competitive and try to outplay him.Even if they cant, variance can surely take is toll, and his BR is too small for any swings.
    • neriukasas
      neriukasas
      Bronze
      Could somebody post a link to Negreanu blog, where I can follow his results on this challenge ?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD

Agree! Poker rooms just use this stuff to attract people. If the public sees somebody doing this, they're gonna give it a shot as well.

Neverteless I think this is sweeet :D