[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - AJ - Allin with trash on flop

• clicks
      clicks
      Bronze
      Just checking to see if I played this correctly? Thanks :)

$0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($9.90)
      UTG+1 ($10.22)
      MP1 ($2.68)
      MP2 ($20.33)
      CO ($5.17)
      BTN ($5.28)
      SB ($1.50)
      Hero (BB) ($2.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 8 players) Hero is BB J:heart: A:spade:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG+1 calls $0.50, SB folds

Flop: 9:diamond: 9:club: T:club: ($1.30, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $1.40, UTG+1 calls $1.40

Turn: 5:spade: ($4.10, 2 players)

River: 3:spade: ($4.10, 2 players)

[Results Hidden]
  • 7 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Yup, nice hand!
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      On NL10 I occasionally bet just half the pot on the flop (this would be arround $0.60), because if someone calls (on this limit), he will most probably also call on turn (you just bet on turn if you hit something of course)...
      If you don't hit anything you saved yourself some money...
      On the other hand with a smaller bet you decrease the fold equity which you normally don't want to do with a trash hand...

-> I push in 90% and bet 1/2 pot in 10% ;)

If this is totally wrong and dumb, please correct me, beloved hand evaluators (and rest)! :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stefu
      On NL10 I occasionally bet just half the pot on the flop (this would be arround $0.60), because if someone calls (on this limit), he will most probably also call on turn (you just bet on turn if you hit something of course)...
      If you don't hit anything you saved yourself some money...
      On the other hand with a smaller bet you decrease the fold equity which you normally don't want to do with a trash hand...

-> I push in 90% and bet 1/2 pot in 10% ;)

If this is totally wrong and dumb, please correct me, beloved hand evaluators (and rest)! :)

This board is very connected and therefore we should bet bigger(we shouldn't bet less than half of the pot at any time anyways), so 2/3 of the pot and that's more than half of our stack, so pushing flop is correct play. And as you said, betting less decreases FE a lot and sometimes we'll get called with a draw here, which is even +EV for us.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Ok, the point with less than half of the pot I agree. But why do I have to bet higher when the board is connected? I mean, ok, flush draw and straight draw, but I thought a protection bet just makes sense when we have something to protect (i.e. a made hand)?

But you're right, I hereby take back my post about not pushing in this situation. Fold equity should be maximized. I will not bet 1/2 pot in future...

btw:O n NL10 we also get called sometimes by 27o ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Ok, the point with less than half of the pot I agree. But why do I have to bet higher when the board is connected? I mean, ok, flush draw and straight draw, but I thought a protection bet just makes sense when we have something to protect (i.e. a made hand)?

You don't have to bet diferent if you have a hand or if you have trash. If you have AA or AJ you do the same thing here.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze

You don't have to bet diferent if you have a hand or if you have trash. If you have AA or AJ you do the same thing here.

Good point too. We don't want our betting style to be transparent... Now all have convinced me. I never do it again! :P
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Clicks,

Around a $0.8 c-bet is more than 50% of your stack so go all-in and you did that so that's very good :)

Best regards,
      Gerv