Bankroll Management Question for the experts

• msp3101
      msp3101
      Silver
      So if one was to play live it could only be one table at a time.

According to the strategy section, one would need 300 Big Bets to sit down at a 6 max fixed limit table or a minimum of 25 buy ins to sit down at a no limit table.

Question is thus: So if one was to play x2 6 max fix limit tables online then would one require 600 Big Bets or 50 buy ins for x2 no limit tables?

Or is it correct that one could play 10 x no limit tables simultaneously as long as one does not fall below the 25 buy in level?
  • 3 replies
    • chriskwns
      chriskwns
      Bronze
      I think there is no general rule, it's about the games You play, Your mindset, risk averness, Your goals - whether poker is just for fun or You take it seriously hoping to become a pro. That famous 25 buy-ins for cash games rule is a good starting point for micro stakes. Once multitabling You can stick to have no less than 25 BI for current stakes that You play, but it's fine / sometimes even recommended to get 30 or 40 BI. Bottom line, You shouldn't really play with lets say 10 BI unless You're proven winning player over a decent sample but sometimes even that might get You in trouble. So get a least 25 BI, set a stop-loss limit at 5 BI for example, then You go down the stakes.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi msp3101,

The amount of tables doesn't matter. If you have 25 buy-ins on a certain level, it should be fine. The idea of bankroll management is that you will not lose your whole bankroll because of bad run. The only way more tables can affect your losses is that if you are making mistakes. By playing more tables you will make more mistakes in shorter time and eventually you will lose your bankroll. This you can not fix by bankroll management because going broke will happen sooner or later. If you are a beginner, I would recommend you to play only 1 or 2 regular tables at the same time and use our study material to get better :)

:gl:

la55i
    • msp3101
      msp3101
      Silver
      Thanks chriskwns & la55i for your feedback.

Truly appreciate this.

Cheers :f_drink: