Mind Readers: Soulread your opponents' hands!

• LemOn36

:diamond: Coach: LemOn36
      :diamond: When: May Mondays 20:00-21:30 CEST (GMT+2)
      :diamond: Status: Basic
      :diamond: Who is this course for: All no-limit holdem players looking to improve their hand reading skills
      :diamond: What is it all about : Over four May weeks, starting on Monday 9th, we will take a shot at replicating skilled psychics, and learn how to narrow down our opponents' holdings and even attempt to guess their exact hands during live coachings!
      :diamond: Promotion: During the series we will be competing for status upgrades, and even a private lesson from the coach himself! Join the first coaching to see how you can compete!

Guess the hands:
      Hand for the 1st week (deadline: 16/05)
      Hand for the 2nd week (deadline: 22/05, 23:59 CET)
      Hand for the 3rd week (deadline: 29/05, 23:59 CET)
      Hand for the 4th week (deadline: 05/06, 23:59 CET)

Promotion's details:
      During 4 weeks period of this series, LemOn36 will post a hand for each week. Your task will be to guess the hero hand! We will raffle the prizes amongst people who answered correctly. You get one raffle ticket for a correct answer and additional one for correct explanation.

To be won:
      • 1st week: Status Upgrade (for one month) - hellraiser22
      • 2nd week: Status Upgrade (for one month) - LeonMar
      • 3rd week: Private Coaching with LemOn36 (one hour) - Badscene21
      • 3rd week: Private Coaching with LemOn36 (one hour)

Join our coachings, participate in our promo and become a true mind reader!

:diamond: FINAL WEEK CHALLENGE

:diamond: POST YOUR GUESS AND THOUGHT PROCESS BY END OF SUNDAY JUNE 5TH for a chance to win a Private Coaching
  • 74 replies
    • imgoingtomirage
    • LemOn36

Text version

Unknown reg looking villain in zoom
      Hero (BTN): $22.50
      SB: $11.47 (VPIP: 40.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
      BB: $7.50 (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)
      UTG: $9.85 (VPIP: 26.67, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
      MP: $13.71 (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      CO: $14.88 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 6)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has...

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.35, 2 players) 2:spade: 2:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.76, UTG calls $0.76

Turn: ($3.87, 2 players) 4:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.60, UTG calls $2.60

River: ($9.07, 2 players) 7:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $18.04 and is all-in, UTG calls $5.39 and is all-in
    • nikobak666
      I say QQ. 3-bet range rarely includes 77, or A2s, so I put hero on TT+, AJs+, AQo+, or around 10% 3-bet range. On the flop, 7.50 into 23.50 is a small Cbet, thus I believe it is to keep Villain in the hand, and also for value. Turn bet is also for protection from flush and value. River is clear.
    • XandreW36
      Ac2c is my guess. Our opp have a quite tight range on turn and river. So not much sense in bluffing
    • barteq88

QQ/A2s is what he can have on the flop (yet it's blocked). On the turn he could bet less with nuts, so flush draws and pockets call him more willingly (well, it's close, because with A2 and no hearts he needs to protect himself against flush draws). However on the river our hero is not getting value from pockets, yet he shoves which in my opinion looks like getting value from something like AQ. Therefore he doesn't have QQ or AA (which would be blocking AQ) and KK is most likely to be held (it's blocking KQ, but KQ is slightly less possible than AQ as for 3bet calling there).
    • rompas
      Dont forget to get your guesses in and join the great coaching from Lemon at Mondays :f_thumbsup:
    • Tomaloc
      i'll go ahead and say AA for fun because no one else did, though that wouldn't be my first guess. explanation is whatever, AA goes into our 3barrel range of course, flop sizing could be part of a balancing strategy and in any case we have a lot of sizing plans available to ship the river at this spr
    • SignOff1970
      I have no idea, but I like guessing games. Hero got QQ. UTG got AQ.
    • tiltmonk
      I think hero has QQ
      My inital thoughts were 1) Hero 3Bet UTG open, just to note - opponent open 3,5 - sounds like value hand.
      2) On the flop - hero made a small CBet - he didn't want to push out opponent.
      3) turn was 2/3 of the pot - really? After 1/3 on the flop when draw comes in.
      4) overshove river - sounds like pretty strong nuts.
      I guess, our opponent will have something like KQ,AQ,KK.(So, most possible by combos KK I guess, but KK with mainly 4B preflop to avoid hard postflop desicion OOP, that is why AhQh I guess).
    • modeob
      Definility QQ onda hand thats in the range of 3bet pre flop, and do a push all in a river.

(sorry by my english, iam from spanish comunity)
    • hellraiser22

Since hero's playing against some reg ,his 3-beting range could be polarized such as AQo, QQ+, A2s-A5s. QQ would be blocking some combos of villain's calling rage, hands like QJs, KQs, AQs, so hero would check back sometimes to give a chance for JJ and AK without info that opp trapping KK and AA. AQo he woudn't 3-barrel vs unknown i think and bet bigger the flop. If hero's holding A2, it is more likely that opponet has KQ or AQ which he is willingly to call lighter on river after he had missed a fluch draw on turn. AA and KK is also possible as played but could be played 2 streets of valuebet sometimes vs unknown on kind a dry board. He could also have 7-2 if the hand was played during a 7-2 challange on PS, who knows for sure :f_biggrin: , but my guess is A2s for hero and QQ, KhQh, AhQh for opponent.
    • la55i
      Can I guess villains hand instead?
      He had AQ or QQ and hero should have gave up OTT.
    • janor666
      AA on hero side cause i won't 3bet QQ or AQ vs an 3.5 UTG open. A2s is a possible bluff 3bet but i rarely need to bluff vs this range from the bu. Also mentioned before AA is in my 3barrel range on this board. UTG can call the 3bet with QQ/KK, which fits to a call down by him on this board.
    • danwan
      Hi there.
      My guess is KK.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      AA or to be more precise AdAh lets say in case someone else has guess taht its AA :) what if more than one player guesses hand right?
    • teganpoker
      KK for hero
      AQ for villan.

Arent these guessing games all just *pure* speculation without HUD stats.
    • LeSavant
      When Hero 3-bets against UTG he has TT+ (if not JJ+ or QQ+), AQ+. When UTG calls he's got a very strong range, when he calls the river the only hand that would fold to a 2nd Barrel is AK. So the line chosen by Hero is clearly designed to get it in OTR . The thing is, with AQ there are no hands at all that would pay us, same for TT or JJ.
      So we would be left with QQ+ on the turn. The problem with KK here is that we can only get value from AQ, which would be rarely calling a 3-bet preflop OOP against a strong 3-bet in the first place. So our only hands that we can still get value with are AA or QQ. If we have QQ the play would make most sense, we don't have to think about anything that beats us. With AA we get value from KK (and sometimes AQ) so I think the line would still make sense, especially on lower limits where opponents tend to do stupid things and villain won't fold KK. Also villain has a greater chance of having KK than QQ as there is one Q on the board already, so the chances of winning are better than getting sucked out.
      I just realized that we got some hands on villain, only a few but still enough to see that we have no reason to assume villain is fishy so our 3-bet range should be very tight here.

My answer: If I had to choose I'd say its QQ, but I still would not rule out AA. However, I think KK would not play like this in this spot, at least I think it would be incorrect as hardly anything would pay us.
    • Post removed

• LemOn36
      :heart: WEEK 2 GUESS THE HAND
      :heart: DEADLINE: SUNDAY MAY 22nd!

VPIP: 49 PFR: 8 AF: 1

- Flat J2s, 69s in BB
      *3BET POTS*
      - Limp min 3bet AA
      - Donks small calls TPNK
      - won't fold strong han

If you missed today's coaching, take a look at the raffle, brought to you by Random.Org - Top of the list wins!

Mr. Hellraiser22 Got extra ticket for his detailed thought process. And his winning streak continues!