This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS, handling trash hands in NL10

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've followed every pokerstrategy chart and indication in my play, and at the beggining I just did it blindly, now I think I unerstand the why of almost everything.. but there's still something Im not 100% agree with, and that because I'm losing $ by doing that.

That is, the trash hands postflop play. The articles say "With trash hands, if you raised preflop and only if you have one opponent, you bet 2/3 of the pot". And I've been doing it. The problem is that, well the problem is when they call, I usually (and by usually I mean always..) end up losing the hand. Most cases due to their A/x hands and an ace on the flop, or their low pocket pair that becomes a three of a kind on the flop. I mean, I think in this limit (NL10) people play a lot, a lot of Ax hands (also low pocket pairs, but well you usually end up beating their pocket pairs) so I was wondering, what about changing the rule to: ""With trash hands, if you raised preflop, if you have one opponent, and if there are no aces on the board, you bet 2/3 of the pot". Or what about just playing check/fold with trash hands??
  • 3 replies
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      sure. check/fold them if you think your opponent will not fold. and there are a lot of stations on NL10, so I guess you can rarely bluff at them.
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Well, if you always contibet 2/3 of the pot, you need to win only 1 in 3 times for this move to show profit. If you feel like you are loosing more than 2 out of 3, sure, check/fold is an option, especially on NL10. Though I would be inlcined to contibet almost always against just one opponent anyway.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i always contibet against 1 opponent...

the A on the flop also helps if they have a low PP...

maybe you are not C/F turn river with trash?