SSS, handling trash hands in NL10

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've followed every pokerstrategy chart and indication in my play, and at the beggining I just did it blindly, now I think I unerstand the why of almost everything.. but there's still something Im not 100% agree with, and that because I'm losing $ by doing that.

That is, the trash hands postflop play. The articles say "With trash hands, if you raised preflop and only if you have one opponent, you bet 2/3 of the pot". And I've been doing it. The problem is that, well the problem is when they call, I usually (and by usually I mean always..) end up losing the hand. Most cases due to their A/x hands and an ace on the flop, or their low pocket pair that becomes a three of a kind on the flop. I mean, I think in this limit (NL10) people play a lot, a lot of Ax hands (also low pocket pairs, but well you usually end up beating their pocket pairs) so I was wondering, what about changing the rule to: ""With trash hands, if you raised preflop, if you have one opponent, and if there are no aces on the board, you bet 2/3 of the pot". Or what about just playing check/fold with trash hands??
  • 3 replies
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      sure. check/fold them if you think your opponent will not fold. and there are a lot of stations on NL10, so I guess you can rarely bluff at them.
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Well, if you always contibet 2/3 of the pot, you need to win only 1 in 3 times for this move to show profit. If you feel like you are loosing more than 2 out of 3, sure, check/fold is an option, especially on NL10. Though I would be inlcined to contibet almost always against just one opponent anyway.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i always contibet against 1 opponent...

the A on the flop also helps if they have a low PP...

maybe you are not C/F turn river with trash?