Betting input

• stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm playing on Party Poker and up to now didn't figure out a good way to choose my betting amount. I usually use the sliders by klicking on them, normally this increases the amount by 1BB, but annoyingly sometimes it increases by more.

The use of the keyboard is annoying too.

Anyone has a good solution for that?

lg, stefu
  • 8 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      You can click down on the slider and hold the mouse button and it will slide as far as you want. Or you could clear the bet amount in the box and type in what you want to bet.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Stars has the same problem, I like Titans bet setup much better
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I use a script that enables the use of the scroll wheel to increase/decrease the bet amount (using bb's). All you have to do is hover your mouse over a table, scroll, and push 'bet'. This really nice. Don't know on which sites it works, but at least stars and party. Anybody wants this, let me know, I'm gonna have to look it up.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      How do u know what scripts and programs to trust?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      It's an ahk (Auto Hot Key) script. Those are very widely used. You can look at the code yourself when you open it in notepad. A lot of pokerplayers have been using these for a long time and I'm 100% sure somebody at 2plus2 would have noticed any untrustfull things about it.
    • stefu
      stefu
      Bronze
      I'm veeery interested in this ;)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I will post the info for those interested. I totally trust it myself, but as TheBrood said:
      How do u know what scripts and programs to trust?. So use on own risk.

First you'll need to install AutoHotKey, a very small program that actually runs the scripts:
      AutoHotKey link.

After that you can download ahk scripts people wrote themselves. Sometimes you can download the file (<filename.ahk>), but sometimes you'll have to copy the script from the browser, open notepad, paste the script into there, and save the file as <filename>.ahk.
      You can find those scripts with their info here: Poker AHK scripts.

Not all scripts work perfectly fine though, so you gotta try it out.
      The script I use that enables scrolling is called 'Bet Pot'. It should bet the pot when you press your right mouse button, but that doesn't work for me, but the scrolling works. I don't want the bet pot function anyway.
      If you're familiar with programming you can edit some things within the script.

If you open your script file now (with the ahk program), there should be an icon in your windows tray, sometimes you can set options there.

There are a lot of threads at the 2plus2 forums about these scripts, but I'm not sure if I can post links here, so you'll have to look that up yourself.

If somebody has any questions, just post them here. (But please don't ask things you can figure out yourself ;) .
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      I came across this post : http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=36375.

Looks promising...