[NL2-NL10] NL25 flopping the nuts (fullhouse)

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $21.80
      MP2:
      $11.10
      MP3:
      $11.75
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $38.00

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:diamond: , 2:spade: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, CO checks, BU calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 7:spade: , 2:club: , 7:club: (6 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, 5 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2d 2s)

Hero wins with a full-house, deuces full of sevens (2d 2s)

ok I know I asked a lot about slowplaying and check-raising previously and all of you said the implied odds wasn't there at all to make it worth it. But in this case, my hand was really the nuts and it's near impossible to beat it.

after looking at this hand again, there were five others in the hand. I personally think I should have check-raised. My pot sized bet scared everyone away
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think check/call would be a good line on this flop, since you're not affraid of any draws to complete and the board isn't very likely to have hit any of your opponents. So, best thing is to let someone try take the pot down or wait for someone to hit turn card.

However if there would be no action there I would lead out with a bet on the turn(I think 2/3 of the pot would be ok even though it's unraised because there were so many limpers preflop that the pot isn't that small) and then shove the river.
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      i dont check call in flops like this... i may bet 1/2 to avoid that sick 2 outers that happen from time to time... but thats just me, scared to death to give free cards to 44.... also, you may encourage flush chasers to call
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      So, when there are many limpers you should always call with a low pair?, this time it surely worked, but articles say you only raise/fold playing SSS..

But ok, the way you played I think you indeed should have check-raised your hand was almost unbeatable, should have tried to win more
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Volrath89
      So, when there are many limpers you should always call with a low pair?, this time it surely worked, but articles say you only raise/fold playing SSS..

But ok, the way you played I think you indeed should have check-raised your hand was almost unbeatable, should have tried to win more
      With basic SSS strategy of course low PPs are a fold preflop, but when you start implementing more advanced moves you can complete low PPs from late position or the blinds for set value when there's enough limpers.

Your odds for hitting a set on the flop with PP are 7,5:1, so you need pot odds of 7,5:1 or better. Hero in this hand gets odds 9:1 which is already profitable to complete even without the implied odds.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Mbml,

Check/call is my favourite choice and brings the most value on the Flop imo.

Then on the Turn when you are 3+ way, I sometimes give the guy another opportunity to bluff so I can check raise him All-in if the mathematics allow me too.

If everyone checked behind on the Flop, obviously make a 2/3 value bet on the Turn and valuebet the River obviously.

Best regards,
      Gerv