Multi-tabling

• Ray3zor
      Ray3zor
      Bronze
      Multi-tabling seems to be mainly used to grind out bonuses at online poker rooms. Does anyone ever multi-table just because they find it a more enjoyable way to play poker? And is anyone consistently profitable running a series of tables all the time?

=)
  • 6 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I multitable because i get bored if i play to little tables(hands) when i play SSS. When i play SH/SNGs i play less tables since is far more action and i can not handle so many tables.

Is just that YOU have to find out what suits to you. I mean we are individuals so what suits to me can be totally wrong for you etc.

Just find out by trying first what game type is for you than how many tables you can handle that doesn't affect your play in much worse way.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I guess most people here multitable, myself, I play 4 to 6 tables, but in the end it's up to you,what do you think of as comfortable.

Personally, I don't get bored so fast, and sometimes, multitabling just makes it easier to fold in marginal situations etc.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I currently multitable 4 tables because a) I've gotten quite comfortable in the limit I'm playing, b) I find that it helps me get "in the zone" and I actually become more focused, whereas with one table I can go card-dead for ages and the sheer boredom would make me try some idiotic plays, c) Makes it easier to fold even AA/KK when I'm reasonably sure I'm beat, knowing that I'll get another premium hand pretty soon... with one table I just can never fold these hands, thinking "this is my big hand for the night! I have to win it!".
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      Multi table improved my SSS game.
      More tables = less boredom = more discipline following the strategy.
      i play 9 tables
    • qwery1
      qwery1
      Bronze
      I use 4 on current limits, but when I climp up I play only 2 and when I am comfortable I add another 2.

I play FL FR.

Add your tables carrefully, one by one. Some pros like Andy Bloch play only two, some others like Hevad Khan play 27. No rule here, only you can find whats suits you.

Here is multitabling article for silver, you can see first half like bronze.
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/133/

When I work on my game like I read some article about flop play against one oponent, watch some videos focosed specially on that subject, I play only two and thinking more about this situations, grab some hands with Texas Grab'em and post for hand judge.

Try two if you want and if you feel pretty comfortable with your play on that limits, try add one more and you will see.

Be bless, qwery1

P.S.: If you need something write me, I help you if I know how.
    • ovechkin91
      ovechkin91
      Bronze
      i play between 8 and 11 tables b/c it prevents me from getting bored and helps me fold in close spots