How dangerous are rebuy tournaments and how to prepare for them?

• Konflict7993
      Konflict7993
      Bronze
      Rebuy tournaments seem like a good idea for increasing your chances of winning a tournament but how dangerous can they be? In microstakes tournaments, I noticed that rebuys and add-ons combined often outnumber the entrants. Also, I want to know what's the proper bankroll management needed for these kinds of events?
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      First of all I have moved your thread to the tournament board. These way tournament players will find your thread faster.

Bankroll Management for rebuy-tournaments depends what kind of rebuy-format you are playing.
      The most standard rebuy tournaments on PokerStars I would use 300 buy-inns inclusive 1 rebuy and add-on. If you play a $1 rebuy tournament on PokerStars I would use a bankroll of $900.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      For normal structure MTTs 300 BIs is a good option to go, regardless of rebuy or not. You just need to be very religious to move down when needed. Rebuy structures attract weaker players, they easily give away chips with weaker hands, because 'heh, I can rebuy if I lose this one right?'
    • gusma
      gusma
      Coach
      Coach
      Rebuys used to be the best type of mtts once there wasn't rake for rebuys nor addons. Now its changed and its structure is similar to regular freezeouts with the chance to "re-entry", so not the best deal. I would recomend playing rebuys as freezeouts, single entrying and avoiding rebuys or addons at most.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      The only rebuy I like are satellites for large mtt like Sunday million. I am willing to spend 4 rebuy and one add on. When I look at this type of game I always ask myself "How much am I willing to pay for this?" As I have gone crazy on them before. Risk vs reward.