50k in 7 months playing Spin n Goes, starting from scratch

• IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      Hey!

I went through lots of shit in the past year or so, some unfortunate events happened and I know I could reacted differently but it was too much for me, so I battled with depression and if you combine that going out on thursday and then afterpartying untill monday just to run away from reality you know that there was enough amfetamines and mdma to completely ruin respect from others. I slept and I am still sleeping on a floor basically in 20m2 apparment living with my father in circumstances most people can not even imagine but things are getting better. However I used to be extremely good at sports when I was younger and when things went too far I looked myself in the mirror and asked myself what the fuck was I thinking. I fucked a lot of people for money and things like that but I swear to God that it was never mine intention to do that I was just so fucking disillusional about the state of my mind and my body that I thought I can put in some more hours and just make it back playing poker. However you can not play on the highest level when you are fucked up and broke all the time, the results won't be even close to the ones you could possibly achive. So I started tranining like crazy a couple of months ago and I am looking pretty fucking jacked right now, dating super hot girl and you can guess that she is not with me because of money lol. However I haven't play almost any of poker in that time, but I was studying a ton, working on GTO, railing highstakes..... My mind is on another level right now, I can not believe how fast my brains are working and how happy I am on this point in my life even though I am basically broke and can only dream about things like smartphone or car etc....... but I finnaly started to feel that my head is prepared to start playing seriously again and redeem myself, get my respect back because I know that I have too much potential to throw it all away. I kind of crushed 15s and 30s in the past but as you can guess I fucked up everything later so let's just forget about that......

I want to play 100s till the end of the year and I am pretty much sure that I am on the level of 60s players atm but its a long road ahead of me. Here is my first graph, last two days basically, I am starting on 3s and 7s, playing 4 tables when trying out some new things, 6 tables as default and 8 tables when I am feeling it. I do not use HUD while playing this lower limits, but I intend to use it later and I am also using it while studying ofc.

38 chips 3handed
      108 chips HU

I will be very happy to answer any kind of questions, however I do want to keep my nickname personal for now.
  • 7 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Silver
      Following!
      With this cEV you are definitely ready to move up. Wish you luck with BR building (to get there as soon as possible - was going through the similar experience in April).
      What is your poker experience and background? Took any coaching for CG , HU , SNGs? You mentioned that you played 15s and 30s, we might have played if you played on Stars 6 max turbos.

Good luck man!
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      sub glgl
    • IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Following!
      With this cEV you are definitely ready to move up. Wish you luck with BR building (to get there as soon as possible - was going through the similar experience in April).
      What is your poker experience and background? Took any coaching for CG , HU , SNGs? You mentioned that you played 15s and 30s, we might have played if you played on Stars 6 max turbos.

Good luck man!
      I have played HU hypers before, never had any proper bankroll management so I could never moved up but I made like 1500 buyins on 7s and 15s, honestly its hard to imagine but I was seriously underrolled like 90% of time playing. That lead to some serious stress lol but I kind of become imune to tilting so that was a good thing. However I was not making nearly as much as I could. Than I got staked, started playing spins, 15s and 30s, crushed and made like 10k in 2 months without hitting anything big but some really sad things happened next in my life and I completely lost it....I havent played much last year wasn't capable of sitting in front of computer for hours.....now I am finally rehabilitated ready to make my moneyzzzzz :) Nah, I never played 6max turbos seriously, I tried to played different games but always comeback to HU or very similar format :) Nah never had any coaching but I am really active with studying, right now I am doing a lot of GTO even though I probably don't need to play like that on lower limits I really think that knowledge/understanding of optimal
      play helps you a ton even when playing exploitable also.

Originally posted by Schrader69
      sub glgl
      tyty ;)
    • IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      Still going strong in chip ev, running very bad as standard haha :D

But I'll go 0 to 100 real quick :)
    • IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      I would almost bet my chip ev would be way over 150 if I would only 2-3 table with hud lol....anyway bankroll building going okay

35 chips 3way
      116 chips HU

I had very bad day in real life though :( I am happy that I can still maintain high level of play and that I am beating depression even though honestly it isn't that easy to stay focus and sit behind computer esspecially now while I am still broke as fuck and lets be real money can help you deal better with some things. Things like omega 3, curcumine, vitamin D etc would definitely help but can not afford to buy them at the moment for example....

Have fun and be happy guys!
    • IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      lol as ussual 0 luck,,,,

• IamTheEdge
      IamTheEdge
      Bronze
      lol at stars after killing me all the time i finnaly hit 10x and motherfucker calls me with 65o I hit two pairs on flop, runner runner straight....I mean cmon Amaya its so obvious that 10x + multitpliers are so fucking rigged, I have to yet see a big multi where there is no crack involved....pffff :D