Basic Strategy Effectiveness

• 11 replies
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      I would estimate up to NL10. But its really hard to say. It is not that simple (in general way I mean).
    • KHS0003
      KHS0003
      Basic
      msnek,

Thanks for the reply, but I meant the limits for fixed limit. For instance right now, I play 3/6 fixed limit hold 'em and follow the strategy in the basic set of articles for FL from the SHC to the standard line of play post-flop. Is this strategy effective in that type of game? The players are really loose with little sprinkles of aggressiveness.

P.S. I probably will not play no limit for a long time.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This isn’t a hand. So I have moved it to the fixed limit board.
      I’m not familiar FLHE to give you a good answer for it, but I expect it should be good enough to beat the lowest stakes with it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KHS0003
      msnek,

Thanks for the reply, but I meant the limits for fixed limit. For instance right now, I play 3/6 fixed limit hold 'em and follow the strategy in the basic set of articles for FL from the SHC to the standard line of play post-flop. Is this strategy effective in that type of game? The players are really loose with little sprinkles of aggressiveness.

P.S. I probably will not play no limit for a long time.
      Oops sorry :) No idea about fixed limit.
    • Sailer85
      Sailer85
      Bronze
      Where do you play 3/6 FL?

These strategies btw are only effective on the micro limits, so upto 0.25/0.50. If you want to play higher you will have to make some LAG adjustments.
    • KHS0003
      KHS0003
      Basic
      Sailer85,

In Pearl River Resort in Mississippi. I am also reading the bronze articles as well.
    • JohnW4yne
      JohnW4yne
      For a 3/6 live Game it should be good! But u have to develop a better game!
      I played 3/6 in Vegas, its such an easy game... u can compare it with .25/.50 online!
    • loveomaha3223
      loveomaha3223
      Basic
      There is a big difference depending on how aggressive the table is. Most 3 6 players are loose and passive. In this type of game the rake is a concern and playing premium hands pre flop is important. If you are lucky enough to find aggressive players 3 6 is imminently beatable and profitable. I recommend playing tight preflop in early position but very aggressive on the button and in late position. Small pairs don't have the same value as in nlhe but anything from 9 10 suited to KQ suited is good enough to raise with and play draws aggressively, many times once the flush hits limit players will apply the brakes.
    • GrindingNajra
      GrindingNajra
      Silver
      5/10 limit
    • GrindingNajra
      GrindingNajra
      Silver
      Not to be mistaken with 500/1000 limit :f_cool:
    • rvnikauj
      rvnikauj
      Bronze
      I would take the strategy as a guideline but not as a step by step guide... You'll have to make adjustments based on the game of your opponents and their ranges.