Basic Strategy Effectiveness

• 13 replies
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      I would estimate up to NL10. But its really hard to say. It is not that simple (in general way I mean).
    • KHS0003
      KHS0003
      Basic
      msnek,

Thanks for the reply, but I meant the limits for fixed limit. For instance right now, I play 3/6 fixed limit hold 'em and follow the strategy in the basic set of articles for FL from the SHC to the standard line of play post-flop. Is this strategy effective in that type of game? The players are really loose with little sprinkles of aggressiveness.

P.S. I probably will not play no limit for a long time.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      This isn’t a hand. So I have moved it to the fixed limit board.
      I’m not familiar FLHE to give you a good answer for it, but I expect it should be good enough to beat the lowest stakes with it.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • msnek
      msnek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KHS0003
      msnek,

Thanks for the reply, but I meant the limits for fixed limit. For instance right now, I play 3/6 fixed limit hold 'em and follow the strategy in the basic set of articles for FL from the SHC to the standard line of play post-flop. Is this strategy effective in that type of game? The players are really loose with little sprinkles of aggressiveness.

P.S. I probably will not play no limit for a long time.
      Oops sorry :) No idea about fixed limit.
    • Sailer85
      Sailer85
      Bronze
      Where do you play 3/6 FL?

These strategies btw are only effective on the micro limits, so upto 0.25/0.50. If you want to play higher you will have to make some LAG adjustments.
    • KHS0003
      KHS0003
      Basic
      Sailer85,

In Pearl River Resort in Mississippi. I am also reading the bronze articles as well.
    • JohnW4yne
      JohnW4yne
      For a 3/6 live Game it should be good! But u have to develop a better game!
      I played 3/6 in Vegas, its such an easy game... u can compare it with .25/.50 online!
    • loveomaha3223
      loveomaha3223
      Basic
      There is a big difference depending on how aggressive the table is. Most 3 6 players are loose and passive. In this type of game the rake is a concern and playing premium hands pre flop is important. If you are lucky enough to find aggressive players 3 6 is imminently beatable and profitable. I recommend playing tight preflop in early position but very aggressive on the button and in late position. Small pairs don't have the same value as in nlhe but anything from 9 10 suited to KQ suited is good enough to raise with and play draws aggressively, many times once the flush hits limit players will apply the brakes.
    • GrindingNajra
      GrindingNajra
      Bronze
      5/10 limit
    • GrindingNajra
      GrindingNajra
      Bronze
      Not to be mistaken with 500/1000 limit :f_cool:
    • rvnikauj
      rvnikauj
      Bronze
      I would take the strategy as a guideline but not as a step by step guide... You'll have to make adjustments based on the game of your opponents and their ranges.
    • poncygainful
      poncygainful
      Basic
      Originally posted by loveomaha3223
      There is a big difference depending on how aggressive the table is. Most 3 6 players are loose and passive. In this type of game the rake is a concern and playing premium hands pre flop is important. If you are lucky enough to find aggressive players 3 6 is imminently beatable and profitable. I recommend playing tight preflop in early position but very aggressive on the button and in late position. Small pairs don't have the same value as in nlhe but anything from 9 10 suited to KQ suited is good enough to raise with and play draws aggressively, many times once the flush hits limit players will apply the brakes.
      Yes! It would depend on how good and aggressive the table. The elements of a solid strategy in poker involve many concepts.
      Bronze
      the basic strategy on this site for FL does not apply to any game now a days online. You will be crushed at micros (2/4c - 5/Tc) and if you dared 25/50c you would lose your money in more terrible ways than a fish.

To compare in stats if you play like the basic strategy tells you get:
      15/8/5 (at best)
      stats that indicate a good solid winning player can be from:
      28/20/10
      to
      35/25/15

I personally when i grinded micros I played at around 35/24/10
      Just recently came back and started playing again. I have a winrate of 3.2BB/100 at 5/Tc with stats 35/26/13

meaning that the basic strategy for FL on pokerstrategy is horrible outdated and will give you a nits stats and playstyle which is NOT how you get to win any money in Fixed Limit.