Online Poker Illegal-Legal By Which Countries?

• sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      hi all pstrategy community;
      I made my starting capital to 165$ now with 1on1 games ^^ Im better on it than 9players game . Btw does anyone know in which countries online poker legal and illegal because I saw some news about 2 years ago in my country players got punished but now there isnt a law for players just law for poker place owners...anyone can help?

ps: Im from Turkey ^^
  • 5 replies
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      UP
    • Pe4Ce2
      Pe4Ce2
      Bronze
      I am intrested in this question too, can anyone answer pls?

BTW I am from Czech Republic
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      The only trouble you might have is with depositing/withdrawing money, but there are ways around that. Also, some countries might have internet restrictions on poker sites, preventing access to them... but apart from that I don't think that players can get prosecuted - it's the site owners that are legally responsible (this is why partypoker for example does not allow players from certain countries to even have a real money account).
    • sleeeep
      sleeeep
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nafar84
      but apart from that I don't think that players can get prosecuted - it's the site owners that are legally responsible (this is why partypoker for example does not allow players from certain countries to even have a real money account).
      it is wrong as pokerstar team say that we have accepted the procedure they cant watch all countries ... and still looking for answer...
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I don't think you will be able find a definite list of countries where online poker is legal/illegal. In most cases it is a grey area. Kind of like when illegal music downloading started out... everyone was doing it even though it was technically "illegal", and even the people who were ever prosecuted were the ones that UPLOADED the music, not who downloaded it. What is true is that there hasn't been a single case of an online poker player getting prosecuted.