Back In Biz - Haaralepo Bankroll Challenge

• Haaralepo
      Haaralepo
      Basic
      Good day ladies, gents, the elderly, the young and all the mixes of the aforementioned !

I create this blog to participate in the Bankroll Challenge and for me to get back into poker after a break of, I believe, 8 years.

I quit playing poker just when I was getting more into it and the bankroll was showing slight signs of growth. :f_tongue: The reason I believe was that I had just began studying business at uni. This meant a lot of socializing and networking in the form of partying and excess consumption of alcohol which began to take most of my free time. Now after having graduated and worked for some while, I believe it is time to unleash the inner poker cabrón that is trapped inside of me !

What is essential about my decision of getting back to poker is that I am making this decision in a rather intense hangover after a very moist evening with my bros. As one wise man once said: what ever you decide to do in a hangover, you have your heart in it. :f_biggrin:

Bankroll Challenge

Starting Bankroll: €564.46
      Goal €3,000

Beginning Strategy
      SNGs and NL full ring
      Micro stakes

With love,
      Paul

-------------------------------------------------------------------
      If you don't know who the fish is, it is you. After this realization, just deep-fry yourself to become even more tasty. :f_cool:
  • 9 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Paul,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy,

also welcome from my side, looking forward to your upswing! The BR already looks pretty healthy...

CU,SvenBe
    • Haaralepo
      Haaralepo
      Basic
      Thanks guys!

I have big enough BR to buffer the over confidence/excitement/stupidity in the beginning :f_ugly:
      Hopefully next Monday already got some touch into the flow

Cheerios,
      Paul
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Best of luck to you!! :f_thumbsup:
    • Haaralepo
      Haaralepo
      Basic
      merci poquu und vielen dank! :f_biggrin:
    • Haaralepo
      Haaralepo
      Basic
      God morgon världen!

First week has passed and it appears I am getting back my magical poker touch! Babysteps!

The games were a mixed bag. In cash with 2318 hands I played mainly NL2-5 FR, 6max and also some speed poker. The 6max tended to go bit better as this used the be my bread and butter without the butter. Also speed poker appeared to go well and saw it as a good way to improve my feeling of playable ranges (except when I came home after a work event and dropped four stacks (€20 :f_ugly: ) in an instance). It appears I need to order an alco-meter from Amazon for my computer...

Sngs and Mtts played with max €5 buy-ins, with more focus on the lower end buy-ins. As seen below, bigger money money from MTTs thanks to a third place in a €2 buy-in tournament.

Week 1
      SNGs: 76, +€2.78
      MTTs: 22, +€8.51
      Hands NL: 2318 -€13.64
      Rakeback: +€10

Net Profit: +€7.65
      Current BR: €573.14

What were the learnings after 8y:
      - look into nash to help with ranges
      - with basics back in control, grind more and analyse hands
      - don't play poker when you are blind drunk

All in all, appears to be rather BE play. Maybe this is my week :f_biggrin:

Peace out hombres and hombritas!
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      hombritas? is that official slang that i need to add to my Spanish repertoire?
    • Haaralepo
      Haaralepo
      Basic
      Very solid question SvenBe! In the name of equality I decided to shy away from using the standard "mujer" and instead go for something more suitable as hombrita which I guess in some logic refers to a bro-woman, or as one might say broman. Though don't believe I have ever heard that word en los barrios. I hope this clarifies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Haaralepo,

how is it going in hombrita-town?
      I was looking for your update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread :-(

Let us know & peace out, SvenBe