This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQ trips

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      7 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $12.00
      UTG+1: $5.88
      MP1: $4.60
      CO: $3.49
      Button: $22.29
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $5.81

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with Q A
      Hero raises to $0.4, 4 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q T Q ($0.9, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB calls.

Turn: 6 ($1.9, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.4, SB calls.

River: 4 ($4.7, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ?????

How many weaker hands call me here If i bet River? Should I B/F it or what? I don't see any worse hand Rraising it here.
  • 6 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Don't see a weaker hand calling it either..... (though it is NL10 I guess, so maybe I'm wrong). Wouldn't bet this as it looks too much like he's either called to make his draw/miss his draw and you won't get any more out of him anyway by betting, only lose the pot. Check is most +EV for me here
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Bet/call if you like money.
    • Coreprime
      Coreprime
      Bronze
      easy valuebet !

I see a lot of hands that will call the riverbet
      any Q
      any T with descent kicker
      maybe even 88,99,77

since there are 2 queens on the board he might not put you on AQ
      and if he shoves the river I call for sure
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      Bet/call if you like money.

I tend agree with Jumbles.IMHO you should bet/fold or bet/call depending on opp.I see some weaker hands that can call you- any pp (he can suspect that u have oc,oc+gutshot on this flop and barreling him),Tx (like 9Tx,JTx),some oc like AJs,even weaker Qx(OJ,O9s). It`s hard to tell without stats.Of course there is possibility that u're way behind(flush,QT,66,44) but if u think on every dangerous board about hands that beat u ,you loose too much value.I think I have this leak but I'm trying to work on this :D .Also better hands should collect value so they should bet,raise on turn and river.
      U should choose right value bet size depending on opp on the river.1/2 pot size is optimal for most of the opps.If u play against rational opp who rarely bluffs,low aggression on river can bet 1/3 or 1/4 and fold to a raise.If opp if bluffer and aggressive on the river can use same amount and call his raise because u provoke bluff or can bet at least 1/2 to show him that u valuebeting for real.Check/c can be option for bluff induce against aggro.If opp calling station u should bet if he checks and fold when he bets.
      Use not only stats,but look how many tables he is playing-if he plays 12 tables and calls you 2 streets then can check behind.
      Good luck :)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      He rarely check/raises a made flush here and if he called 2 streets with worse he calls another unless you overbet hugely so I have an easy value bet here.
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      on NL10 a lot of 10 will call , clear bet here i think