I LOVE PLO8 and I LOVE CAMBODIA

• prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Hello everyone,

My name is Miha, i was born in 1980, from Slovenia, or as i like to call it Slovenistan, Europe. I've been ocasionally spamming the forums here for last 5 years, but never properly introduced myself, so i finally decided to do so. I also have an evil plan, to make some self-promotion amongst poker players from all around the world...

As i mentioned before, i was born and raised in Slovenistan (ex-Yugoslavia), finished university of economics, worked in a bank treasury for 5 years, then quit my job in 2010 and i don't have a job since. I somehow despise this capitalist world. At the moment i still live here in Slovenistan, but i am planning to move to Cambodia by the end of the year, probably in September or October, because i just love that place... Life there is laid back, almost everything is cheap (a box of local cigarettes costs around 40 cents, big beer - around 1,5 l - in a bar/restaurant about 2$...), food is good (fresh fruits and fish every day, noodles, etc.) and the locals are the nicest people i've ever seen in my life. I guess it has something to do with their history, as they live in peace for only last 30 or so years. People are poor but happy, they appreciate life. I am a different person in Cambodia than here.

That self-promotion i was writing about before refers to one of my small business ideas that i will try to practice over there - being a tour guide for people who would like to visit that beautiful place - so if there are any interested poker players, just let me know, i will be happy to take you on a short, 2 or 3 week tour around Cambodia:
      - 4 or 5 days Siam Reap and the 8th wonder of the world, Angkor Wat;
      - 4 or 5 days in capital Phnom Penh with its bloody - and not so bloody - history (Killing fields, Tuol Sleng Genocide museum, Royal palace...) + amazing markets and so-so interesting night life;
      - 4 - 10 days in Sihanoukville, laid back beach town with daily fresh baracudda, merlin fish, lobsters and sea food in general. From there you can also visit some amazing islands or go scuba-diving.

I am not a professional tourist guide, but i've been in Cambodia 4 times already so i think i already know it quite well and every time there i love it more. I am not greedy, so my service will be cheap, i am aiming at small groups, 4-8 people. Enough about Cambodia.

My poker life:
      I started to play poker in 2010, after a string of stupid events in my life - first i quit my job, then my best friend at that time got killed while he solo climebed some mountain, then i started my 1 year travel and in the meantime i somehow started to play poker, made my first deposit of 100 EUR to pokerstars and lost in in a week or so... Then i discovered pokerstrategy.com, got my first free starting capital and blew it away. I never really studied poker, i like to play as i feel and getting experience by playing. First few years i was playing NLHE, starting to get results, won some low buy in tournaments (my highest win is 1,5k EUR in 5 EUR rebuy tournament) but then i switched to PLO8, and now that's my game. I love it. Tournaments have small fields, but i constantly make some money, so i am ok with that (remember, i am not greedy, don't need millions).

I'll try to post some hands if i manage to run this blog, but i can't promise anything, i am somehow too lazy to write most of the time... And when i will start to feel like writing, i want to write a book one day, about world, universe, human kind and my views on all those topics.

Thanks to those of you who managed to read this through, hope some of you will contact me and let me show you my beloved Cambodia soon. And the others, see you on the PLO8 tables!
  • 11 replies
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi prisank80,

You have quite long and interesting first post :f_thumbsup:
      I understood that you meant this to be a blog, so I will move this to the blogging area because there you will get more views.

I see that you are an old member here at PokerStrategy so you probably know your way around the site. I just want to make sure you are aware of our free poker money and bonus offers.

If you haven't already, you could get yourself added to our Member map.

Also, now that you have a blog, you could join our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge .

:gl:

la55i
    • Rhodriguez
      Rhodriguez
      Gold
      Oh so nice to read from a PLO8 player. Wish you all the best and good luck for your endeavor! Will you play tomorrow in the SCOOP-42 event? Myself hopes that Sommerville will stream the high event on twitch and I can get a glimpse of the action there.

Good luck and keep blogging!
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Hello to both of you :f_drink:

Yeah la55i, i got some free money, also got special offer, which i also took, made a deposit on tigergaming to get my OMAHA Manager SS. Not sure where to put me on the member map - Cambodia or Slovenistan? Hehe... I'm not interested in those get rich or die trying challenges, i'm not playing any big volume, just play some sng's and tourneys, and i'm playing poker to have some extra money, not to show my resultes around... Yeah, i will try to keep this alive, by posting some nice photos from Cambodia, maybe i will persuade someone here to let me guide them around that beautiful country... And when i learn, i will also try to upload some funny hands, you can see many of those at PLO8 tables :s_ugly:

He he, Rhodriguez, i'm following your "ready to dePLOyment" blog, wrote you some comments in the past... You checked Unibet yet? There is PLO promo right now, next week you can get free 25 EUR PLO ticket with almost zero effort, go for it! Maybe i'll play SCOOP-42L, if i get through qualifiers, but pokerstars is very low on my lists of favorite sites. Too many monkeys play there, and pokerstars reward them much too often. And Sommerville is such a whale at omaha, watched him the other day when he was playing 700$ NLO8 event. LOL, he should give me that money...

• prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      As i promised, here are some hands from a 3 EUR PLO8 tournament:

Villainn is a super monkey, i play him many times, so when he raises i reraise him quite often, especially when blinds are getting higher... 5 hands out of 10 total in 6 minutes :f_cool:

$3 Buy-in (75/150 blinds) Pot Limit Omaha H/L Tournament, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 7,175 (47.8 bb)
      BB: 2,741 (18.3 bb)
      UTG+2: 816 (5.4 bb)
      Hero (MP1): 1,750 (11.7 bb)
      MP2: 1,065 (7.1 bb)
      MP3: 4,800 (32 bb)
      CO: 1,150 (7.7 bb)
      BTN: 3,383 (22.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with :Tc: :Ac: T: :Ah:
      UTG+2 raises to 525, Hero raises to 1,750 and is all-in, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls 291 and is all-in

Flop: (1,857) :Kd: :8s: :5h: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (1,857) :Ad: (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (1,857) :2c: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      1,857 pot
      Final Board: :Kd: 8: :5h: :Ad: :2c:
      UTG+2 showed A: :9h: :3s: :4c: and won 1,857 (1,041 net)
      Hero showed :Tc: :Ac: T: :Ah: and lost (-816 net)

2 hands later, same guy + a limper/caller... I had to jam with my <8BB on BB:
      $3 Buy-in (75/150 blinds) Pot Limit Omaha H/L Tournament, 8 Players

SB: 1,707 (11.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): 1,159 (7.7 bb)
      UTG+2: 1,065 (7.1 bb)
      MP1: 4,800 (32 bb)
      MP2: 1,150 (7.7 bb)
      MP3: 3,383 (22.6 bb)
      CO: 7,100 (47.3 bb)
      BTN: 2,516 (16.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with :4c: :6c: :3s: :4s:
      UTG+2 calls 150, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 150, 3 folds, SB raises to 750, Hero raises to 1,159 and is all-in, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls 1,000 and is all-in, SB calls 409

Flop: (3,618) :3d: :4h: :3h: (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (3,618) :4d: (3 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (3,618) :Td: (3 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      3,618 pot
      Final Board: :3d: :4h: :3h: :4d: :Td:
      SB showed K: :Ah: :Jd: :5h: and lost (-1,159 net)
      Hero showed :4c: :6c: :3s: :4s: and won 3,618 (2,459 net)
      MP2 showed :8d: :Th: :9h: :9c: and lost (-1,150 net)

Another 2 hands later, same guy:
      $3 Buy-in (100/200 blinds) Pot Limit Omaha H/L Tournament, 7 Players

SB: 765 (3.8 bb)
      BB: 4,800 (24 bb)
      MP1: 3,383 (16.9 bb)
      MP2: 7,100 (35.5 bb)
      MP3: 2,516 (12.6 bb)
      CO: 773 (3.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): 3,543 (17.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with :7h: :Ah: :4c: :Ad:
      3 folds, CO calls 200, Hero raises to 900, 2 folds, CO calls 573 and is all-in

Flop: (1,846) :8c: :7c: K: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (1,846) :4h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (1,846) :9c: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      1,846 pot
      Final Board: :8c: :7c: K: :4h: :9c:
      CO showed :Kh: :6c: :3d: :3s: and won 923 (150 net)
      Hero showed :7h: :Ah: :4c: :Ad: and won 923 (150 net)

2 hands later vs same guy:

SB: 3,183 (15.9 bb)
      BB: 7,500 (37.5 bb)
      MP1: 2,516 (12.6 bb)
      MP2: 923 (4.6 bb)
      Hero (MP3): 3,693 (18.5 bb)
      CO: 665 (3.3 bb)
      BTN: 4,400 (22 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with :Qc: :Ac: :5d: :3h:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to 700, Hero raises to 2,400, 4 folds, MP2 calls 223 and is all-in

Flop: (2,146) 9: :Ah: :Jd: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (2,146) :Kh: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (2,146) :6h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      2,146 pot
      Final Board: 9: :Ah: :Jd: :Kh: :6h:
      MP2 showed :4d: :2c: :6c: :Kc: and won 2,146 (1,223 net)
      Hero showed :Qc: :Ac: :5d: :3h: and lost (-923 net)

Same guy again, another 3 hands later (in the meantime i pissed him off by telling him that he is a monkeyfish :f_o: ):

SB: 2,296 (11.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): 2,770 (13.9 bb)
      MP1: 665 (3.3 bb)
      MP2: 4,550 (22.8 bb)
      MP3: 2,883 (14.4 bb)
      CO: 7,700 (38.5 bb)
      BTN: 2,016 (10.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A: :2c: 8: :Kh:
      4 folds, BTN calls 200, SB raises to 800, Hero raises to 2,600, BTN folds, SB calls 1,496 and is all-in

Flop: (4,792) :5s: :Kd: J: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: (4,792) :8h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: (4,792) 9: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      4,792 pot
      Final Board: :5s: :Kd: J: :8h: 9:
      SB showed :3c: :7s: :Ad: :Kc: and lost (-2,296 net)
      Hero showed A: :2c: 8: :Kh: and won 4,792 (2,496 net)

And he's gone :s_biggrin:

So, who's monkey? Him or me?
    • Rhodriguez
      Rhodriguez
      Gold
      Yummy, this is something I always wanted to taste. I wonder if the color is natural or if it comes from seasoning and marinating them. Really looks delicious.

Yes I finally look at the promo and I have to agree it is really an easy one.

Wow, you got dealt some sick hands in a short time and it's nice how you always dominate him. Just want to ask about the Aces. Are there other Hi-only hands that you would recommend to play or because thise were double paired single suited aces and you were down to <12BB?

Good job!
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Yo!

Mene tut mika JV azija... Sm ti poslal friend request ;)
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Originally posted by Rhodriguez
      Yummy, this is something I always wanted to taste. I wonder if the color is natural or if it comes from seasoning and marinating them. Really looks delicious.
      You're probably talking about bugs? I never tried them, and have no idea how they make them, probably just fry them? But they look cool. Few years ago i had Cambodian girlfriend who really liked those black ones, she told me they are delicious and that she can rarely afford them. And there are many kinds, from grasshoppers to silkworms, i guess.

Originally posted by Rhodriguez
      Just want to ask about the Aces. Are there other Hi-only hands that you would recommend to play or because thise were double paired single suited aces and you were down to <12BB?
      I'm not that excited about AA in PLO, especially PLO8, they are just like other pairs i guess, if you dont hit a set or a draw, they are usually useless, i reraised that hand from MP just to isolate that monkey, like i said, i play him many time, and he's just a agromonkeyfish :tongue:
      Vs others i would probably just call, probably even fold sometimes after seeing flop (with only one pair in my hand + lo and straight draws on the table) - it's PLO8... But still, i always try to win HI, eventhough it omaha hi/lo... High hand always wins at least half of the pot, but low gives you maximum half of the pot, many times people totally overplay lo-draws (me too sometimes, but trying to avoid that), that's one of the coolest things in hi/lo variant.

Originally posted by Skodljivec
      Mene tut mika JV azija... Sm ti poslal friend request ;)
      Yo, JV Azija je zakon, jst sm se zalubu v Kambodžo daljnega 2010, od takrat sem bil tam še 3x, septembra ali oktobra grem za 1 let, z možnostjo podaljšanja. Bom kar firmo dol odprl, 1000$ osnovnega kapitala rabš, to je to. :s_cool:

SCOOP... I played some qualifiers yesterday, finshed as bubble boy (6th, 5 places were paid, 4 tickets + 25$ for 5th place) X(
      Then i played 2 starcoins bigsplash satelittes, qualified to 3,3$ deadline sattelite in 1, and finished 2nd in the other for 7,5 deadline satelitte, but i just got some starcoins in that one, only 1st place got the ticket X( . In 3,3$ deadline satelitte i wasn't feeling like playing anymore, so i turned on monkeymode and got busted after 10 minutes, so i didn't qualify...

Fresh grilled baby squid, njamy:
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Non poker Sunday...
      I woke up in the morning and checked the time. It was 8:00. I turned to the other side, closed my eyes again, and got lost in my thoughts... Next time i checked what time it was 9 and something, so i guess i slept for another hour. Then i finally stood up, went to toilette, cooked a coffee, put clothes to washing machine, drank those 2 cups coffee and made another 2, opened a poker client and played a short PLO8 cashgamesession. Those don't come that often, but i',m thinking of doing some more, i play sng's and tournaments 95% i'd say. There was one interesting hand:

$0.05/$0.10 Pot Limit Omaha H/L Cash, 4 Players

SB: $5.31 (53.1 bb)
      BB: $7.78 (77.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $9.38 (93.8 bb)
      BTN: $10.11 (101.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Qd: :Ac: :Th: :As:
      Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB completes, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) :Ks: :Jh: :2d: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $6.40, SB folds, BB raises to $7.28, Hero calls $0.88

Turn: ($16.16) :6c: (2 players)
      River: ($16.16) :Tc: (2 players)

Results:
      $16.16 pot ($0.80 rake)
      Final Board: :Ks: :Jh: :2d: :6c: :Tc:
      SB mucked and lost (-$0.50 net)
      BB showed :Kd: :Jc: :9s: :Qs: and lost (-$7.78 net)
      Hero showed :Qd: :Ac: :Th: :As: and won $15.36 ($7.58 net)

Was that too loose? I don't know how to copy opponents stats, but that guy was pretty LAG in those few hands, so i guessed i had him dominated...

Whatever. Later i hit went outside for a bike ride and visited some friends. It was a beautiful day :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:

Counting days till Cambodia... Those sunsets :f_love: :f_love:

• prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      I was so lazy in terms of poker last week, only played around 10 tournaments and 5 sng's + some cashgames... Summer is coming, sunny days, i drink too much, hanging with friends... Poker can wait :f_drink:
      BTW, i need a chick :wtf:
    • prisank80
      prisank80
      Silver
      Still lazy as f"#$...
      Can't motivate myself to play poker lately, which is maybe good, as i'm having first losing month this year, lost around 35 EUR so far... Waiting for the right constelation of planets... Still drinking too much, i guess i need some weed to turn those trends around.