$11,40
      MP1:
      $2,70
      CO:
      $5,00
      BU:
      $7,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , K:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0,10.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, CO checks, BU raises to $0,70, SB folds, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, BU calls $1,30.

should have raised a bit more since im oop

Flop: ($4,25) A:club: , 5:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

I dont think he will call a conti with a worse hand on an A high board after my 3bet preflop. So its wa/wb , most of the time one of us has just 2 outs.

Turn: ($4,25) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

I wanted value form PPs, question is what to do if he bets, my flop and turncheck show weakness, so he can bet any pocket now I guess. But would he be capable of checking flop and bet turn with an ace ? if he has AK, there would be no reason for him to bet the flop since he might wanna try to get value from hands like mine on the turn.

River: ($4,25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9,40 (All-In), BU calls $5,15 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

river i shove for value, he will not have an ace but he wont put me on one either now. i think he calls QQ,JJ,TT. my line will look strange to him

Final Pot: $14,55
  • 6 replies
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      You think way too tricky- Just conti-bet on the flop(2.5-3$)
      He can have any 2 cards because his VPIP is very high.

So I would play Bet/fold against him.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Sasa1234

+1.
      3bet him higher Preflop, as you are OOP.
    • Nublatore
      Nublatore
      Bronze
      thanks guys,

well I had only 6 hands from him, so I think we should forget his stats and handle him as unknown since this is no samplesize.

Im sorry but I still dont understand why a contibet is good in this spot, given the fact that he is unknown and that he raised after 2 limpers and then calls my 3-bet, I dont think that he can have any 2 cards here.
      Isnt it very likely that he has a PP, or a good Ax ?
      Given this range I see all worse hands fold to my conti and all better hands call or raise.
      Problem is also that I commit myself with a contibet because it will be around 3$ in this 4,25$ pot and when he shoves to my conti, I will have to call about 2,15$ more for a 14$ pot.
      But do you think he will often enough go broke on an A high Flop after my 3 bet preflop with a hand that I beat to make it EV+ for me ?
      I just thought it would be better to see what he does on the flop and bring the money in on the turn or river, cause if he doesnt bet the flop the chance is much higher that he has a hand I beat.

Please feel free to tell me where I made the mistakes when I thought about this hand, thank you !
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      If he`s bad he can have any suited cards or pocket and would call/raise a contibet with any pocket. Even if he has you beat and call`s you contibet that`s that. The whole ideea of a contibet is that it doesn`t have to win all the time.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      Originally posted by Sasa1234

+1.
      3bet him higher Preflop, as you are OOP.
      +2!

I dont think he will call a conti with a worse hand on an A high board after my 3bet preflop. So its wa/wb , most of the time one of us has just 2 outs.
      You are right about this, but there's still a problem with it. If you check the ace on the flop, a lot of players will try to steal the pot by betting big on the turn. Especially if you're out of position, because then you've already checked two times (flop+turn). And if you do bet out, your hand looks really strong and you force your opponent to play according his handvalue and not do funny some tricks :D . Well, either that or spending way too much money on a big bluff. So if he fights back, you know you can let it go.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you shoud 3 bet biger preflop especialy against such lose opponents
      2.5 is fine against them
      problem is you have just a potsize bet left on the flop so if you bet flop you are comited and theirs a big chance he folds all weaker hands even if he is so lose .
      i like your line with checking 2 streets in order to induce a bluff or take value from weaker hands after you showed weakness . on the river i would bet something small like 1.5 - 2 to get called by worse . i am not sure he can call your shove with worse
      gl