SSS, NL10 on pokerstars, not profitable anymore?

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hi,

I've read and re-read about SSS, and been playing it for some time... I went from the starting $50 to about $200, playing on pokerstars NL10, so i decided to play on the next limit, NL25. Then everything started to fail.. I went below $150, so i switched again to NL10 but now it seems i cant win anymore...

I've played around 6k hands this year, and I am in -$52 dollars, Im starting to fear about my bankroll.. which I never thought would be below $100 :(

I need some help, advice, is anyone here winning on pokerstars NL10 using SSS??, ive tried evertyhing, playing less tables (1-2) playing more tables (up to 12), choosing high plrs/flop tables, choosing low plrs/flop, I mean almost everything but I keep losing..

I know it might be just a downswing, but a 6k hands downsing? isnt it too much? :( .. am I gonna recover some day or should I throw away SSS, and try BSS or another format?
  • 9 replies
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      that sucks :(
      i had a big downswing too . sometimes SSS seems perfect. sometimes not
    • IPlayBad
      IPlayBad
      Bronze
      If you play correctly, according to articles than maths is with you and you need to recover... just a bigger downswing..
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      hi Volrath89

sad to here my story told by someone else. I had also started on NL10 stars and soon moved up to NL25 and was ready to move to NL50 and then all went wrong. man i'm down 300 $!!! I don't know what is happaning! I'm playing solid SSS but can't seem to win anything!
      my hand histories look so silly that you can't even Imagine.souckout after souckout after souckout . not much to analyse because it's almost always souckout.But I'm thinking positiv and trying to improve my game(isolating fishes,dividing greatly from SHC against fishes) as I can't lose against Stars donks forever.
      Today I won 5$ and boy I'm HAPPY!!

Just play your best game and you'll be good.

P.S. 6k hands is nothing start worrying if it last 40k hands as mine :P
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Take timeout, go away from poker for a week. Probably heard it more than 100 times but it really works. After that play the same aggresive poker as before. Don't throw money for maybe playable hands...sss still works :D

good luck
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      January sucks. My winrate at NL25 SSS went from 5BB/100 to 2,15BB/100 and nice minus in January ;( And i am losing money also at NL10 BSS so obviously i am really horrible player;(

It sucks;(
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      P.S. 6k hands is nothing start worrying if it last 40k hands as mine

wow, how didnt you go to bankrupt after 40k hansd? :O

And oh well i hope i recover soon.. dont want to move down to NL5
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Volrath89
      P.S. 6k hands is nothing start worrying if it last 40k hands as mine

wow, how didnt you go to bankrupt after 40k hansd?

I'm on 50BI BRM for next limit.So I had 90 BI for NL25...ahhh good old days :(
    • Jehryn
      Jehryn
      Bronze
      Volrath,

Pokerstars is about the ideal poker site for SSS. It mostly has overagressive americans who just bluff every two hands. It is wasn't for the crappy bonusses I wouldn't be playing anywhere else.

What might be the cause of your losses:

1. Downswing (6k ain't a lot)
      2. Leaks, since you're someone who has just begun playing SSS, you naturally have a lot of leaks which cost you dearly
      3. Tilt? losing a lot in a short period of time is hard for everyone.
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      I am joining a bad luck club.
      Dropped from 497$ to 243$ in last 15 days on NL50 and NL25. Suckout after suckout.

But i am aware it's my fault if i am losing money. That's why i took a break from playing poker and i am rather attending to some coachings, reading articles, hands evaluations and watching videos. I must have some leaks. Either i am too lose, or i am playing with scared money because of my downswing.