Hey Im Raphael and im new in the World of Poker

• raasantos

My name is Raphael Santos, nickname on the table raasantos, same as here.

Im new in poker, and I have been studying sor one month in time.

I have been struggling with ICM, and my tounaments in SNGs not increasing my ROI neither my bankroll...

I would like to know from you guys how to get better and better since I know I have to improve my game to earn more.

Im reading the articles here, studying ICM, analysing my game, trying to find mistakes, reading books as " Winning Poker Tournaments one Hand at time - Vol 1", reading about SNG strategies, but sometimes I don't know for sure what im doing wrong due to my inexperience...

So... How could you guys advice my to increase my bankroll and start winning at leat SNGs STT FUll table 1$?

Hope to talk more with you! Tks alot
  • 4 replies
    • Harrier88
      Hi Raphael, welcome to Pokerstrategy!

You have certainly come to the right place, we have plenty of materials on SNGs and other formats here.

Have you already tried our ICM Trainer? It's a useful little tool to practice the late game of SNGs and get a feel for the correct ranges. If you're playing on Pokerstars, please note that you are not allowed to run this program while your Pokerstars client is open.

There is also a light version with a limited number of scenarios that get progressively harder.

Apart from that, I'd recommend taking a look at our overview of SNG lessons if you haven't already. The articles over there are structured in a logical way, and they should tell you everything you need to know to get on your way with SNGs.

You may also want to tune in to some of our live coachings featuring SNG guru Collin Moshman, they are streamed every Wednesday. You can find the forum thread here.

There is also a Hand discussions forum for questions about any specific hand.

I hope this will be plenty of material to help you out for a while, but if you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hope to see you around!
    • PaTaPaTaPoNn
      Read some guides, books, and play without thinking of money.
    • raasantos
      Thank You guys!

Im doing exactly that. The ICM light i`ve passed all lessons, and the icm trainer i`m getting almost all the time something like 80% of score.

I`ve used icmizer to see if im playing hands right, aso i have read all content that is free from SnGs strategy. Searched on other websites for more materials as well, and every day I try to find something different.

Im also watching videos on youtube, videos here, and everywhere that I can find about microstakes.

But I don't know if im getting better... Im having trouble beating the maniacs...

How can I analyse my game? find the leaks?
    • Lazza61
      Hey Raphael,

Like Harrier88 suggested, checking out anything by CollinMoshman is +Ev. You can also ask questions at Collin's Sit 'N Go Crushers Academy.