[NL2-NL10] 2 hands NL10 playing against big fish.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Both hands are the same guy. I would like some input on both, but especially the 2nd with that loose Shorty getting in there too.

Note, I must stress that for the first hand, I did not know he was as much of a fish as I did for the 2nd. All I knew was he was loose, like 25+ pfr and maybe 50 vpip or something. This meant i suspected calling station also.

Hand 1;

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      7 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $10.25
      UTG+1: $5.62
      MP1: $9.45
      CO: $8.40
      Button: $10.51
      Hero: $9.45
      BB: $1.85

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with A A
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.35, Button folds, Hero raises to $1.5, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 5 J T ($3.1, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.8, CO calls.

Turn: 8 ($6.7, 2 players)
      Hero bets $6.15, CO calls.

(Didn't Like board didn't want to give free river card so i bet, i feel a bit like i'm overvalueing my hand by doing this though)

River: 4 ($19, 2 players)

Results:
      Final pot: $19
      Hero shows Ad Ac
      CO doesn't show Qc Td

Hand 2;

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      8 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $17.11
      UTG+1: $9.70
      MP1: $6.05
      MP2: $8.49
      CO: $2.96
      Button: $12.02
      SB: $9.60
      BB: $10.00

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG with K A
      Hero raises to $0.4, 3 folds, CO calls, Button raises to $0.7, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, CO raises all-in $2.56, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: K 2 T ($, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)
      Hero bets $5, Button calls.

(I decide that against this guy i have to protect on flop and basically then just call whatever he throws to me even on a Flush card)

Turn: T ($10, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)
      Hero checks, Button bets $4.06, Hero calls.

(I think its a mistake to not protect again here. Guess i got scared and wanted to bluff induce, because i knew he was quite aggressive too)

River: 8 ($18.12, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:
      Final pot: $18.12
      Hero shows Kd As
      CO shows 8c 8d
      Button doesn't show 4c 4d

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention Fish is 70/30 Calling Station / maniac combo with 75%+ WTS. Normally betting If i Check to him. Shorty is a loose guy around 35/15. Sample is just below 50 on each!
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      First hand I would play the same as you, maybe bet bigger on the flop.

In the second one if you decide to 4bet - bet bigger imo - you got a 3better and a coldcaller and you just have to put the shorty all-in with your bet, you need your fold equity here. I would make it around 3$. If you know villain's a fish you call his shove if he decides to come over the top and if just get called and hit your top pair you also want to get money in in most of the cases so just bet strong flop and shove turn. That would be my play.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hand 1. You have the strongest overpair in a 3bet pot for 100BB. Going broke on such rags is a must.
      Hand 2. Yeah, since they are both fish, you are most likely ahead with AK.Make it 3-4 after that min3bet and get it in on such a flop