What FL Books would you recommend?

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!

I have question what books would you recommended for FL Holdem?

Allready got The Theory of Poker and Holdem for Advanced Players from Sklansky.

I would probably go for these books form PokerStars FPP store:
      • Winning in Tough Hold Em Games by Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien and Geoff "Zobags" Herzog
      • Advanced Limit Hold'em Strategy by Barry Tanenbaum

Any other suggestions?

TTT
  • 14 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi TTT241,

the book of stoxtrader is pretty good.

I don't know the other one and I don't read many books anyway as I'm fine with our context and the handsiscussions. :)
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      Small Stakes Holdem by Malmuth, Sklansky and Miller is very a very nice compliment to ps.com. They advocate basically the same style.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BDL
      Small Stakes Holdem by Malmuth, Sklansky and Miller is very a very nice compliment to ps.com. They advocate basically the same style.
      I've been reading a bit of it too, and it almost looks as if a lot of it is stolen from the pokerstrategy articles :D .

Sorry TTT, no recommendations.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      Originally posted by BDL
      I've been reading a bit of it too, and it almost looks as if a lot of it is stolen from the pokerstrategy articles :D .

Nah their book was published earlier than our context and our strategy is basing a bit on their book.

Or do you say that we copied it? As said some basic stuff is basing on SSH but saying that we copied everything is a lie. (A very rough one!)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Originally posted by BDL

Nah their book was published earlier than our context and our strategy is basing a bit on their book.

Or do you say that we copied it? As said some basic stuff is basing on SSH but saying that we copied everything is a lie. (A very rough one!)
      Hehe. Yes I know it was published earlier and was being sarcastic. But I was not trying to say you copied everything. There are just a few things that are very similar and I have absolutely no problem with that as it is good information. And indeed it was the basic stuff.
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      The Ps.com preflop strategy is much much better but postflop concepts are very similar.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Yeah just to be clear I really wasn't that serious about it. But now I feel kinda bad because I feel like I screwed up TTT's post by changing the subject. Sorry TTT, not my intention.

(So bumping this thread and hope it gets attention for TTT)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Yeah just to be clear I really wasn't that serious about it. But now I feel kinda bad because I feel like I screwed up TTT's post by changing the subject. Sorry TTT, not my intention.

(So bumping this thread and hope it gets attention for TTT)
      Haha ok back to topic. :)
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Ok, yeasterday I ordered book

Winning Low-Limit Hold'em from Lee Jones - recommended by Stoxtrated in one of his vids.

(plus the other two I mentioned in the beginning)

TTT
    • Foxxxen
      Foxxxen
      Bronze
      I would recommend "Elements of Poker" by Tommy Angelo. It's less of a strategy book and more of an attitude book, and he touches on some important points like tilt control. That may not sound so exciting, but the book is a worthwile and easy read and is also recommeded by the coaches over at DC.
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      the book of stoxtrader is pretty good.
      The book of Stoxtrader is for Short Handed tables, so if you don't play SH is better take other books. If you play SH (or want to)... is a must reading!
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      And what other would you play on higher limits than 6max? ;)

TTT
    • NightWolfBRA
      NightWolfBRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TTT241
      And what other would you play on higher limits than 6max? ;)

TTT
      Well... i don't know what you play, maybe tou want to play 3-6 or 5-10 FR (few, but have this tables in PokerStars), or to play live.

If you are a SH player... the book of Stoxtrader is much more important than the others. ;)
    • Pirokunn
      Pirokunn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TTT241
      Ok, yeasterday I ordered book

Winning Low-Limit Hold'em from Lee Jones - recommended by Stoxtrated in one of his vids.

(plus the other two I mentioned in the beginning)

TTT
      That's a beginners book

not very good imho

also

if you haven't read the book by Miller, Sklansky and Malmuth, you should.

and

a lot of good SH FL articles are available in teh web ;)