This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I Toss My Hat Into The Fray

• CraftyS
      CraftyS
      Basic
      Hi there,

I'm Saige

I'm not completely new to the poker scene. I took a swing at NL Hold'em Mircos a long time ago and did... alright. I played for maybe two months and ende up losing in the end because I didn't respect the variance or bankroll managment.

Now I'm back and I've realized how much studying I really have to do. I'm making my way through the strategy lessons, taking notes, and learning what I can so I can make my life a bit easier.

My poker goals right now are:
      1. Make back the original $200 I lost.
      2. While respecting Bankroll management get to NL20
      3. Get to NL50 and confidently 8 multi-table.

After this I may keep going to higher limits, it depends on where I am at that point, but right now I'm just looking for a way to supplement my income while pursuing the things that I love.

Right now between college, work, and personal projects I won't be able to do any really serious grinding. I'll likely be playing just an hour a few times a week and then I still might end up bumping a session or two for more time studying the game.
  • 1 reply
    • CraftyS
      CraftyS
      Basic
      Hi everyone!

So today I played my second session.
      My first session on the 23rd I had a little problem with other players aggression. I wish I had the exact hand to show you, It's been bothering me whether or not I played it right. I'll try looking for it and post it in the forum.

So I only played two tables, NL2, 106 hands.
      +1.03

Bankroll: $47.80

Today I had an alright session. I didn't encounter as much aggression this time, but going to four tables did effect my play and I might only play three tables next time. I only got into 6 max tables this time.

I played 4 tables, NL2, 275 hands
      $0.91

Bankroll: $48.71

I'm definitely noticing a difference between now and when I used to play. I've been keeping track of my position, understanding betting amounts/ when to bluff, and the biggest difference is I'm a lot more comfortable with aggression.Not just opponents aggression, but with continuation betting, bluffs, getting value. something I may need to work on is betting for value ie not putting in so much that it scares them off the turn.