This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100, SB, KJo, BU opencompletes

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20,50
      BB:
      $22,35
      MP1:
      $20,00
      MP2:
      $122,65
      MP3:
      $116,75
      CO:
      $17,00
      BU:
      $47,90

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , K:heart:
      5 folds, BU calls $1,00, Hero raises to $5,00, BB folds, BU calls $4,00.

Flop: ($11,00) 8:heart: , 2:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6,00, BU calls $6,00.

Turn: ($23,00) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($23,00) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $23,00

I was kinda confused about this hand...

Folding pre seemed way too weak imo, so I had few options...

...call and see what flop brings, I don't really like seems not much value and hard to play OOP.

...raise normal 4BB + 1 per limper, I did this, because that's my play with almost all of the other hands and on the flop I hit nothing, but seemed like c-bet was a must since the villain looks pretty tight postflop from his stats. Should I perhaps only continue when hitting the flop? Should I push turn?

...and there's tha last option that hit my mind and that's raiseing preflop 4BB +1 per limper + 1 for OOP and shoving any flop. I'm not sure if KJ has enough equity for such a play though.

Tbh, after reviewing my hand I think I invested too much money in it, but is that just my feeling or was it invested profitably?
  • 6 replies