[NL2-NL10] KK Button call NL100

• fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      KK slow play on button looking to build pot,wat do you think.
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $29.05
      MP2:
      $43.94
      CO:
      $20.00
      Hero:
      $31.76

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:club:
      MP2 calls $1.00, MP3 folds, CO raises to $5.00, Hero calls $5.00, SB folds, BB calls $4.00, MP2 calls $4.00.

Flop: ($20.50) 3:heart: , 4:heart: , 3:spade: (4 players)
      BB raises $24.05 (All-In), MP2 folds, CO calls $15.00 (All-In), Hero calls $24.05.

Turn: ($83.60) A:spade:
      River: ($83.60) 6:diamond: (3 players)

Final Pot: $83.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and threes (Ks Kc)
      CO shows two pairs, queens and threes (Qs Qd)
      BB shows two pairs, aces and threes (Ah Js)

BB wins with two pairs, aces and threes (Ah Js)
  • 9 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      This is seriously wrong.. on so many levels.

Get full stack.
      Preflop is not the place where to slowplay, especially in multiway pot with KK.

And what are you thinking when playing hand like this - MP2 limps, and CO raises, you flat and give good odds to blinds and MP2 to call. So you build multiway pot where your KK is worth nothing imo. Ok ok, i am exaggerating but still - you fear any A (because blinds, MP2 and even CO could easily have Ax, with X being as low as 2 tbh. Thats a lot of hands.) + in 4way pot someone easily could outflop you and have 2pair+. So all in all i think this is super easy way to lose money as i dont think you could ever lay down KK postflop.

So - the way to play this - 3bet pre and ship to any shove. If you get as far as flop you will be commited so shove any flop imo.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      3bet preflop, no matter which strategy you try to play

either get 100bb for BSS or 20 bb for SSS, but not such a crappy midstack
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think midstack is ok if you're waiting to get blinded out...
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      KK slow play on button looking to build pot,wat do you think.

I think it very very ugly, at least folding is a bit funny :D
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      ingol why so hostile mate,so i won pot before this hand,wat u want me to do leave table straight away,you kidding me right.this guys a nut.should have 3 bet him which was my first mistake which would have allowed me to pick up pot on flop,but remember i am posting my worst hands here looking for suggestions,dont always play like an idiot.my stats are very taggish as you will see so dont judge a book by a couple of hands.will post stats on my blog.you can come and kick my ass over there if you want.cheers.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      About stacks - unless history is wrong, it appears to be 6max table. Dont think sss is meant for shorthanded tables.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I agree with burek about the midstack. But with no intention to offend this type of slowplay is something you really shouldn't be doing if you got all the way up to nl200.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fordz08
      ingol why so hostile mate
      Ingol is never hostile, he is just surprised and will act according to that no offense :)

Just to clarify some things I have some question for you:
      1) I see that there were 6 players on the table , you are playing 6-max SSS or?
      2) If you want to play it more deceptive , Reraise CO to $10 (2.5x) and let him make the mistake of shoving KTs or something like that range.

- Gerv
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      playing full table just lost a couple of players,2.5 raise sounds good.just read advanced holdem by sklansky and has stuffed up my SSS play hence why am re reading articles.book seems to have done me more bad then good.thanks for suggestions