[NL2-NL10] QQ Vs AK SSS NL100

• fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      not sure what to say about this hand.happens alot on party poker.any ideas on other plays for this hand or is this still ok

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $112.23
      Hero:
      $18.50

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 raises to $3.00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $10.00, 4 folds, UTG1 raises to $20.00, Hero calls $8.50 (All-In).

Flop: ($40.00) K:spade: , A:club: , K:heart:
      Turn: ($40.00) 3:club:
      River: ($40.00) 4:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $40.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Qh Qd)
      UTG1 shows a full-house, kings full of aces (Kd As)

UTG1 wins with a full-house, kings full of aces (Kd As)
  • 11 replies
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Your 3bet should be 9$. UTG1 raise usually shows a strong hand. I'd fold after his reraise with QQ. And push only with AA, KK. AK and QQ only with bigger sample size then 36 hands and if he proved to be very lose.
      I hope i am not too far off, i am not that expirienced myself.
    • bkbart
      bkbart
      Bronze
      I think it is ok as played but you raised more than half your stack so you should go all in. Also as said before the raise should have been 9 so that is really close to half a stack. I would say call and see the flop or shove.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I have to disagree here . I don't think cold calling is an option and IMO folding to the 4bet is the worst way to play this hand , hero is getting something like 1:3.7 odds to call with Queens against unknown.

I would push directly but I don't think It would make much difference.
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      U were pretty short stacked in comparison to UTG and immediately put u in a tough position. A early positional raise normally means strength or could be used to bluff a 3 bet later on from UTG

My suggestion on how to handle this hand would be to just flat call as u have to give him respect for raising so early unless u have had good reads on him before.

Going all in will not scare him as i am not easily pushed off a hand when someone short stack attacks and im raising early position (always with a great hand, or not :) )

Anyways it was not wise i would say to have pushed that much but at the same time u are short stacked and hands like that could double u up with an all in preflop

I still would of just flat called or atleast raise 2.5 times the blind not any more. As any of 8 outs (15%) can beat ur ladies

My game has improved tremendously due to me learning how to take a chill pill and not over play hands. hope that helps
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      My suggestion on how to handle this hand would be to just flat call as u have to give him respect for raising so early unless u have had good reads on him before.

I guess this happens when results are there ... how flatting queens with 18.5 bb stack is good? since we have that low stack calling to play flops is not profitable :)

I suggest you to read the basic SSS articles , they're very interesting about your preflop play with a short stack ;)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I have to disagree here . I don't think cold calling is an option and IMO folding to the 4bet is the worst way to play this hand , hero is getting something like 1:3.7 odds to call with Queens against unknown.

I would push directly but I don't think It would make much difference.
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you HAVE to 3bet

you can NEVER 3bet and fold to a push!!!!!!!!!!!

everybody who had such strange ideas, pls read the articles!!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Stats are barely half way accurate with your sample size...

You have 18.5BB, so if stats are correct and his pfr is 14, you push preflop, on the other hand if you take him for unkown, you still push preflop with QQ. In other words, just push preflop. ;)
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      Shortstack with 18.50 in BB against 112 is definitely time to raise preflop with QQ but it all depends who you are against and in what position that person is in.

If the blinds are small enough u do not have to push all in with the above situation. just enough to make sure that if the person does call u have a pretty good read on what they might have and if they hit anything on the flop.

Too often people raise rediculous amounts preflop or all in with no real pot size to speak of purely because they're scared to see the hand through.

If Hero had just raised maybe 20% less than half his chip stack he might of just got a call and not a push from UTG.

When the flop came and u saw AKK. Well then it's obviously that he has u beat. Live to fight another day
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      If the blinds are small enough u do not have to push all in with the above situation. just enough to make sure that if the person does call u have a pretty good read on what they might have and if they hit anything on the flop.

I'm afraid you are confusing cash games/tournaments and SSS/BSS , please read the strategy articles. what do you mean about blinds small enough?
    • ByronVW
      ByronVW
      Bronze
      LOL, thats funny,

I am confusing myself broken here. Im reading too many posts and getting them confused

Hehe, ignore ill leave the experts to it

:)

Peace
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      Thanks for replys,did mean to raise to 9 dollars but made mistake on entering bet as party doesnt have 3 bet option as am multi tabling dont always get time to enter bet amount as site tends to freeze me sometimes,some interesting thoughts,keep it up.