CO ($26.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, 8
      UTG raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, 4 folds

Flop: ($2.05) 2, 8, A (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.05) Q (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.05) A (2 players)
      UTG bets $3, Hero raises to $10, UTG raises to $25, Hero raises to $43.50, UTG raises to $47.65 (All-In), Hero calls $4.15

Total pot: $100.35 | Rake: $3

Results:
      UTG had Q, Q (full house, Queens over Aces).
      Hero had A, 8 (full house, Aces over eights).
      Outcome: Hero won $97.35
  • 13 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I bet 4$ on turn, and easy broke river. The only hand you don't beat is AQ...
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Bet turn. Rest is standart.
      A cooler for him, a NH for you.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I reckon I'm glad i didnt bet turn because he had a set and i had aces up. It could have easily been all in on 4th street and would have been such a big dog. But then the river came and i knew i had this. I remember putting him on queens and thought how sick this hand is lol.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You put him on queens? :baby: :baby:
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Yeah...and i was right. Whats your point?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I think there is about 40 different hands a decent player would play like this up until the river.

I find it quite amazing how you can not only give him a range in this position, but you can give him an exact hand.

We have absolutely no info from him, so I could only put him on an UTG raising range. Which is alot of possibilities.

Can you explain how you had him on QQ?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Paranormal powers ofc.
      Rigged.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Well he raised me preflop and kept aggressive. On the flop he made a continuation bet but when i called him. He tried to checkraise me on the turn which cost him a lot of money because of the Ace on the river. I just put him on QQ, just like you put one of your opponents on a hand. I obviously wasn't 100% sure because im not a physic but just remember before the showdown what was going on....just instincts. Everyone has them. I only figured out his QQ on the turn, not from the flop.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by cannell555
      I think there is about 40 different hands a decent player would play like this up until the river.

I find it quite amazing how you can not only give him a range in this position, but you can give him an exact hand.

We have absolutely no info from him, so I could only put him on an UTG raising range. Which is alot of possibilities.

lol, you're just jealous of somebody who's won that much in a single hand ;)
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      lol people don't understand i can read whole cards...and see dead people:P .
    • Balanarm
      Balanarm
      Bronze
      You should start thinking in ranges in such situations, not putting the guy on exact hand.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      I do think in ranges, but i just happened to put him on the right hand in this particular hand. I dont see what the big deal is. If you don;t believe me don;t. At the end of the day I put this hand up in the 'successes' thread' and thats that. However you can;t honestly say you've never put some of your opponents on an exact hand and been right. Like that time you were holding KJ and you hit top pair on the flop. You raise there is a caller on all streets and predict as worse case scenario that he holds AK or KQ and he did. Exact same scenario with me cept i won $50 and sucked out on this poor guy with an Ace on the river.

Cheers.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      Originally posted by cannell555

lol, you're just jealous of somebody who's won that much in a single hand ;)
      :D yes I am a little :evil: